The Family Stewardship Council (FSC) at Fordham Gabelli converges twice a year in New York City – in December and in May
Here are the upcoming FSC events:
- December 2023
- May 2024
- December 2024
- May 2025
- December 2026
Date: Friday, December 1, 2023
Start Time: 9:00 a.m. ET
End Time: 3:15 p.m. ET
Venue: Costantino Room, Fordham Law School, 150 W 62nd St., New York, NY 10023
|9:00 a.m. - 9:50 a.m. ET:||Breakfast and Networking|
|9:50 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. ET||Opening Remarks by Dr. Benjamin Cole|
|10:00 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. ET||Panel 1 (Succession)|
|10:45 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. ET||Intermission & Networking|
|11:45 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. ET||Panel 2 (Market Outlook)|
|12:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. ET||Lunch and Networking|
|1:30 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. ET||Roundtable Discussions|
|2:15 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. ET||Intermission & Networking|
|2:30 p.m. - 3:15 p.m. ET||Panel 3 (Managing a Family Office)|
|3:15 p.m. ET||Closing Remarks|
Panel 1: Succession
- What are some of the common challenges families experience when passing the reins of their company, wealth or legacy to the next generation?
- What are some effective methods families can utilize in order to help prepare the next generation for a smoother and less costly transition?
- At what age should families consider inviting their children into their respective businesses?
- How does a family decide on how to pass on their wealth to their children and charities of choice before their passing?
Moderator: Benjamin Cole, Ph.D., William J. Loschert Endowed Chair of Technology Entrepreneurship at Fordham University's Gabelli School of Business
Kamil Homsi, Founder of Global Realty Capital, the onshore arm of the GRC Investment Group, a family office located in Dubai/UAE
Pierre Dupont, Partner of Cerity Partners
Michael Sonnenfeldt, Founder & Chairman of Tiger 21
Panel 2: Market Outlook
- Should families be poised for a deeper recession or is the worse behind us?
- How should families think about allocating their capital across asset classes?
- How can families hedge against inflation and protect cash deposits?
- Which type of funds or strategies are families finding the most success with today?
Moderator: Geeta Kapadia, Chief Investment Officer of Fordham University
Brandon Laughren, Co-Founder and CIO of the Laughren Group, a single family office
Derek Li, Managing Partner at JD Paramount, a multi-family office
Tony Calenda, Custham Advisory
Panel 3: Keys to Managing a Successful Family Office
- What are some of the best practices for running a family office?
- What are some of the key positions one should hire for?
- Is there anything that is better off being outsourced?
- Where are families setting up their operations and how does tax come into play?
Moderator: Lerzan Askoy, Ph.D., Dean, George N. Jean Ph.D. Chair and Professor of Marketing at Fordham University’s Gabelli School of Business
Peter Lupoff, Principal of Lupoff/ Stevens Office
Scott Beechert, Chief Operating Officer & General Counsel at Granby Capital Management, LLC, a single family office
Lisa Morris, Managing Director/Vice President, AKS Family Partners LP/AKS Family Foundation