Research Opportunities and Upcoming Events
Fordham College at Rose Hill strives to provide undergraduates a diverse array of research opportunities. In addition to strengthening a student's resume and graduate or professional school applications, such experiences expand understanding of a discipline, engender productive mentoring relationships, and encourage the development of analytical and communication skills that are useful in any profession.
Throughout the year, FCRH hosts several events to highlight research taking place on campus. We also sponsor opportunities to expose students to prominent speakers and/or innovative research. Our students actively participate in conferences throughout the country and even internationally as well.
Opportunities for Funding and Professional Development
- FCRH Undergraduate Travel and Research Grants
- Council on Undergraduate Research Membership. Free for all Fordham University students!
- Council of Undergraduate Research Physics Student Travel Awards
- Council on Undergraduate Research Psychology Student Travel Awards
- Psi Chi, International Honor Society in Psychology, Awards, and Grants
Upcoming and Future Events
- "Cultural History and Diversity in Complex Societies," Society for Applied Anthropology 80th Annual Meeting, Mar 17-21, 2020, Albuquerque, Abstract Deadline: Tuesday, October 15
- 134th Annual Meeting, American Historical Association, Jan 3-6, 2020, New York, Submission Deadline: Tuesday, October 15
- FCRH Spring Research Grant Deadline: Friday, November 15
- 2020 Popular Culture Assn National Conference, Apr 15-18, 2020, Philadelphia, Abstract Deadline: Friday, November 1
- Getting Involved in Undergraduate Research at FCRH: Monday, November 18 at 1:00
- National Conference on Undergraduate Research 2020, Mar 26-28, Bozeman, Montana, Abstract Deadline: Friday, December 6
If you have any questions regarding our research opportunities or upcoming events, please contact Dr. Rachel Annunziato, Associate Dean for Strategic Initiatives. Our office is available to assist students with fellowship applications as well.