Research Opportunities and Upcoming Events
Fordham College at Rose Hill strives to provide undergraduates a diverse array of research opportunities. In addition to strengthening a student's resume and graduate or professional school applications, such experiences expand understanding of a discipline, engender productive mentoring relationships, and encourage the development of analytical and communication skills that are useful in any profession.
Throughout the year, FCRH hosts several events to highlight research taking place on campus. We also sponsor opportunities to expose students to prominent speakers and/or innovative research. Our students actively participate in conferences throughout the country and even internationally as well.
Opportunities for Funding and Professional Development
- FCRH Undergraduate Travel and Research Grants. The deadline for spring 2018 funding is January 22.
- Council on Undergraduate Research Membership. Free for all Fordham University students!
- Council on Undergraduate Research Biology Student Travel Awards
- Council on Undergraduate Research Psychology Student Travel Awards
- Psi Chi, International Honor Society in Psychology, Awards and Grants
- Intramural NIAID Research Opportunities (INRO)
Faculty: Post your Research Opportunity
Upcoming and Future Events
- FCRH Undergraduate Research Colloquium: Applying for FCRH Research Grants (January 17, 2:30 - 3:30 p.m., Keating 204). Please join us for this opportunity to learn more about our spring research grants.
- FCRH Undergraduate Research Colloquium: FCRH Loves Undergraduate Research (February 14, 2:30 - 3:30 p.m., Keating 204). Please join us for presentations by FCRH's most beloved undergraduate research mentors on methods used in their disciplines.
- Chynn Undergraduate Essay Prize in Ethics and Morality. Submissions should be 1,000 – 1,500 words (4 - 6 double-spaced pages) and should address an ethical topic or dilemma. (Deadline: March 1).
- 32nd Annual National Conference on Undergraduate Research (April 4-7, 2018, University of Central Oklahoma). Please contact Dean Annunziato if you are interested in attending.
- Save the Date! 11th Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium (April 11, 2018, 12 - 5 p.m., McGinley Ballroom).
If you have any questions regarding our research opportunities or upcoming events, please contact Dr. Rachel Annunziato, Associate Dean for Strategic Initiatives. Our office is available to assist students with fellowship applications as well.