Research Opportunities and Upcoming Events
Fordham University strives to provide undergraduates a diverse array of research opportunities. Research extends and enhances classroom learning by enabling students to work one-on-one with faculty members (and, in some areas, also with highly trained postdoctoral fellows and graduate students).
In addition to strengthening a student's resume and graduate or professional school applications, such experiences expand understanding of a discipline, engender productive mentoring relationships, and encourage the development of analytical and communication skills that are useful in any profession.
Throughout the year, FCRH hosts several events to highlight research taking place on campus. We sponsor opportunities to expose students to prominent speakers and/or innovative research. Our students also actively participate in external events throughout the country and even internationally as well.
Research and Fellowship Opportunities
- University of Virginia's annual L. Starling Reid Psychology Undergraduate Research Conference
- Junior Mellon Fellowship Summer 2017 at NYBG Humanities Institute
- The Undergraduate Awards
Faculty: Post your Research Opportunity
- 10th Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium (April 26, 2017, 12-5 p.m., McGinley Ballroom)
- Integrative Neuroscience Senior Showcase (May 1, 2017, 6-8 p.m., Bepler Commons)
- Barbara Han, PhD, Disease Ecologist, Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies. Predicting wild reservoirs of emerging viruses with machine learning on host life history. (May 3, 2017, 4-5 p.m., Larkin 170)
- 65th Annual New York American Chemical Society Undergraduate Research Symposium (NYACS URS)
If you have any questions regarding our research opportunities or upcoming events, please contact Dr. Rachel Annunziato, Associate Dean for Strategic Initiatives. Our office is available to assist students with fellowship applications as well.