Research Opportunities and Upcoming Events
Fordham College at Rose Hill strives to provide undergraduates a diverse array of research opportunities. In addition to strengthening a student's resume and graduate or professional school applications, such experiences expand understanding of a discipline, engender productive mentoring relationships, and encourage the development of analytical and communication skills that are useful in any profession.
Throughout the year, FCRH hosts several events to highlight research taking place on campus. We also sponsor opportunities to expose students to prominent speakers and/or innovative research. Our students actively participate in conferences throughout the country and even internationally as well.
Opportunities for Funding and Professional Development
- FCRH Undergraduate Travel and Research Grants. Deadline for Spring and Summer 2018 to be announced.
- Council on Undergraduate Research Membership. Free for all Fordham University students!
- Council on Undergraduate Research Posters on the Hill. Deadline for 2018 presentations is November 1. Please contact Dean Annunziato if you are interested in submitting.
- Council on Undergraduate Research Biology Student Travel Awards
- Council on Undergraduate Research Psychology Student Travel Awards
- Psi Chi, International Honor Society in Psychology, Awards and Grants
- Intramural NIAID Research Opportunities (INRO)
Faculty: Post your Research Opportunity
Upcoming and Future Events
- Psychology Colloquium Series: Dr. Juan Carlos Arango Lasprilla, "Cross-cultural validity of malingering across 8 countries" (October 25, 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m., Flom Auditorium).
- FCRH Undergraduate Research Colloquium Series (November 1, 2:30 - 3:30 p.m., Keating 121). Please join us for an informal discussion of "Getting Involved in Research" at FCRH with an overview by Dean Annunziato and panel of students and faculty.
- The 29th Greater New York Conference on Behavioral Research (November 9, programming from 12:30 - 7 p.m. at Fordham's LC Campus).
- Presentation proposals (300 word abstracts, or full papers) are due by 6 p.m. Monday, October 23, 2017, at email@example.com. Include these details: Author name(s), affiliation(s), address/phone of key presenter, status (undergrad/ grad student/ faculty/professional), name of faculty mentor (if any).
- Direct any inquiries to Conference Chair, Dean Mica McKnight at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 212-636-6393.
- 32nd Annual National Conference on Undergraduate Research (April 4-7, 2018, University of Central Oklahoma). Please contact Dean Annunziato if you are interested in presenting or attending.
- Save the Date! 11th Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium (April 11, 2018, 12 - 5 p.m., McGinley Ballroom)
If you have any questions regarding our research opportunities or upcoming events, please contact Dr. Rachel Annunziato, Associate Dean for Strategic Initiatives. Our office is available to assist students with fellowship applications as well.