Research Opportunities and Upcoming Events
Fordham College at Rose Hill strives to provide undergraduates a diverse array of research opportunities. In addition to strengthening a student's resume and graduate or professional school applications, such experiences expand understanding of a discipline, engender productive mentoring relationships, and encourage the development of analytical and communication skills that are useful in any profession.
Throughout the year, FCRH hosts several events to highlight research taking place on campus. We also sponsor opportunities to expose students to prominent speakers and/or innovative research. Our students actively participate in conferences throughout the country and even internationally as well.
Opportunities for Funding and Professional Development
- FCRH Undergraduate Travel and Research Grants, the deadline for Summer 2019 is March 15, 2019.
- Council on Undergraduate Research Membership. Free for all Fordham University students!
- Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships, Department of Energy; app deadline January 10, 2019.
- Internship in Survey Research, NORC at University of Chicago; app deadline January 18, 2019.
- NASA Student Airborne Research Program; app deadline January 30, 2019.
- REU: Computational Sensing for Human-Centered AI, Rochester Institute of Technology; app deadline January 31, 2019.
- Smithsonian Environmental Research Center internships; app deadline February 15, 2019.
Robert Frederick Smith Internship Program, Smithsonian National Museum of African American History & Culture; informational webinar January 29, 2019; app deadline February 15, 2019.
- Analytic Studies Intern Program, Smithsonian Museum Conservation Institute; app deadline February 25, 2019
Internships at Old Sturbridge Village; app deadline March 15, 2019.
- Council on Undergraduate Research Psychology Student Travel Awards
- Psi Chi, International Honor Society in Psychology, Awards and Grants
Faculty: Post your Research Opportunity
Upcoming and Future Events
- FCRH Undergraduate Research Colloquium, "Summer Grants at FCRH", (January 31, 2019 at 1:00 in Keating 206)
- FCRH Undergraduate Research Colloquium, "Getting Ready for the Big Day: Poster and Presentation Workshop", (March 27, 2019 at 2:30 in Keating 206)
- Save the Date! 12th Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium (April 10, 2019, McGinley Ballroom).
If you have any questions regarding our research opportunities or upcoming events, please contact Dr. Rachel Annunziato, Associate Dean for Strategic Initiatives. Our office is available to assist students with fellowship applications as well.