The university has been closely monitoring the rapidly evolving situation regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Fordham's Office of Career Services (OCS) remains committed to supporting our students and alumni.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with Fordham Forward’s reopening guidelines, Career Services will continue to adopt, promote and practice a public health informed approach for the delivery and provision of its services. This approach will be guided by the importance of protecting the health and safety of our community while simultaneously supporting and attending to the academic and career-related needs of our students. Towards this end, Career Services will continue to offer remote career counseling, networking, and recruiting opportunities during the Fall 2020 semester. Additionally, Career Services will be open for in-person questions and resources in compliance with the following Fordham Forward guidelines for mitigating the transmission of COVID-19:
To schedule a career counseling appointment, view upcoming events, and access Fordham’s exclusive job and internship search database, please visit Handshake at: Fordham.joinhandshake.com. Please feel free to contact us at any time for further questions.
Rose Hill or Westchester
If you are experiencing an emergency, please contact Public Safety at 718-817-2222 (Rose Hill) or 212-636-6076 (Lincoln Center).
- Job/Internship Applications: Fordham Handshake is still available for those seeking job and internship opportunities.
- On-Campus Interviews: For those who have accepted an interview with a recruiter through our On-Campus Interviewing Program, we are ready to transition to virtual meetings. OCS staff will work directly with candidates to provide alternatives via Zoom, Google Meets, or employer-provided systems. Please contact Lindsey Worker at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure appropriate scheduling.
- Information Sessions: Due to the lack of suitable alternatives, all in-person employer networking and info sessions are canceled during this period. We are in communication with our employers to schedule virtual sessions.
- Currently Employed: Students working in internships or jobs should check in with employers about individual policies. For those earning credit for your internship, contact your academic coordinator for additional information.
Career Preparation Resources
- Online Resources:Access career tools online for assistance with interest clarification, mock interviews, industry information, and more.
- Scheduled Appointments: We will convert all career counseling appointments to virtual meetings. Career counselors are available to connect via phone or Zoom. Here are some quick tips on how to use Zoom, https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206618765-Zoom-Video-Tutorials. You should have received a free Fordham Zoom link to your Fordham.edu account. We will not penalize you should you need to cancel your appointment for any reason.
- New Appointments and Inquiries: Students can request career counseling appointments via phone or Zoom through Handshake. Please feel free to direct general questions on career-related topics to email@example.com.
COVID 19: Employer Information
The foundation of Fordham’s education is based on cura personalis - the “care of the whole person;” we take our community’s well-being and safety very seriously. At this time, we are continuously monitoring COVID-19 closely and are planning for various scenarios; fall 2020 events are currently scheduled as planned and we will notify employer partners if contingency plans (including virtual options) are necessary.
Registration is open for our career fairs; if you are looking to engage with our students this fall, we encourage you to register to secure your spot and stay informed. As a reminder, we are working virtually this summer and offering additional programming and events to ensure students and employers stay connected. Thank you for your continuous support and please let us know if we can assist you!
On-Campus Virtual Recruiting
For those employers in need of added support and promotion for interviews, Fordham Career Services is pleased to provide virtual interview scheduling, set up, and facilitation. Simply request interviews via Handshake and follow the prompts. A member of our staff will be in touch regarding your specifics. For questions, please email Lindsey Worker firstname.lastname@example.org.
In lieu of in-person information sessions, we are offering virtual sessions through Zoom or Google Meets. Simply request an event via Handshake, follow the prompts, and select Virtual as the type. A member of our staff will be in touch regarding your specifics. For questions, please email Beatrice Rice, email@example.com.
For employers who have existing information session requests, a member of our staff will be in touch with instructions on transitioning your event to a virtual format.
Discover Your Fordham Future
Your journey begins the moment you set foot on Fordham’s campus—and so can your pursuit of the career of your dreams. Launching your career after graduation is about more than simply finding a job. It’s your next step toward building an extraordinary life of purpose.
Handshake: Jobs and Internships
Students and alumni have equal access to jobs and employers via Handshake, our internship and job database.