Real Estate Salesperson's Licensing
The Fordham Real Estate Institute offers the 75-hour New York Real Estate Salesperson's License Qualifying Course, which is required to become a licensed real estate salesperson in New York state. As per Article 12-A of the Real Property Law, anyone who, on behalf of another and for a fee, negotiates a sale, exchange or rental of real property; collects rent; or negotiates a commercial loan secured by a mortgage must be licensed.
Three steps to become a licensed real estate salesperson in New York:
- Successfully complete the 75-hour New York Real Estate Salesperson’s Licensing Course (REPM-0200 at the Fordham Real Estate Institute)
- Locate a licensed broker to sponsor you
- Pass the New York State Real Estate Salesperson’s Licensing examination
New York Real Estate Salesperson’s Licensing Course REPM-0200/$395
- This course enables students to complete the mandatory 75-hour curriculum entirely online in order to confidently prepare for their New York state exam and real estate practice.
- Students may register for this self-paced course at any time during the semester.
- Students have six months to complete the course.
- Students are required to sit for the final course exam at the Lincoln Center (Manhattan) Campus.
- No textbook is required for this online course.
- A Fordham Real Estate Institute instructor will be available during the online course to answer questions.
- Topics covered include residential and commercial real estate matters, license law and regulations, law of agency, real estate instruments, estates, and interests, real estate financing, land use regulations, construction, valuation, human rights issues, fair housing law, real estate mathematics, and environmental issues.
Refund Policy for the online Salesperson's Licensing Course
Students are eligible for a 100% tuition refund if they withdraw from the course before their initial login to the course portal. Once a student logs in and starts the course, the refund schedule is as follows: 100% refund if the student withdraws before the fourth day. No refund thereafter.