Admissions and Aid for the Real Estate Institute
The Real Estate Institute offers rolling admission for its master’s degrees and advanced graduate certificates, with fall, spring and summer semesters.
Our application system allows you to enter multiple times to add, edit and upload various documents to your record. We help you track your progress by sending you reminders throughout the way. If you need help, please email us at [email protected] or call (212) 636-7333.
Deadlines: We accept students on a rolling basis, but our preferred deadline for fall admission is June 1 and for spring admission is November 1. International applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by April 1 for fall admission and October 15 for Spring admission.
Here’s what you’ll need for the Master's programs in Real Estate, Real Estate Development, and Construction Management
- Official undergraduate transcript(s) from an accredited university:
Please order your official transcripts to be electronically sent to [email protected]. If your institution only offers mailed copies, please send them to:
School of Professional and Continuing Studies - The school name is very important!
113 W. 60th St. Room 310 New York, NY 10023
Note: We can make an admissions decision using your unofficial undergraduate transcript, but we will need an official transcript prior to enrollment decision.
- Resume or CV
- Personal Statement: Tell us about your decision to pursue a master’s degree at the Fordham Real Estate Institute. How will this degree help you to achieve both your short-term and long-term goals? What skills will you combine with this degree to achieve them? Please be sure to address each part of the question. We recommend a length of approximately 500 words
- Two letters of recommendation: These may be academic or professional references. The system will request contact information for links to be sent to the reference provider, or you may upload them yourself.
- GMAT test scores, if available. For the 2023 academic year, we are waiving this requirement.
Below are the requirements for the advanced graduate certificates in Real Estate Finance, Real Estate Development, Construction Management, and Real Estate Management.
- Official undergraduate transcript (see note above)
- Personal statement (see note above)
- Resume or CV
For non-matriculated students, we only need an official undergraduate transcript and the completed application.
For students applying to the bachelor's in real estate program, use the undergraduate application for the School of Professional and Continuing Studies.