Information for Transfer Students

Transfer Student Guide

Founded in 1841, Fordham College at Rose Hill (FCRH) is a prestigious college of liberal arts and sciences and is the oldest and largest of the ten schools of Fordham University. Grounded in the Jesuit tradition of education, FCRH is a community in which students work closely with an outstanding faculty, prepare for leadership in a wide range of careers, and realize their full intellectual and personal potential.

All FCRH students complete a liberal arts core curriculum that is designed to develop critical thinking, clear expression, scientific understanding, an awareness of historical perspective and contemporary challenges, and an appreciation of religious, philosophical, and moral values. Students have the opportunity to select from more than 50 majors across the humanities, the sciences, and the social sciences.

Below you will find some important information for prospective and incoming transfer students. We also encourage you to consult our Core Advising "Essential Resources," either as a glimpse of what your Fordham education will look like, or for helpful guidance on your specific questions here and now.

  • To apply for transfer to Fordham College at Rose Hill from another college or university, please consult the Office of Undergraduate Admission's Transfer Student webpage.

    In order to internally transfer between undergraduate colleges of Fordham University, please consult the FCRH Internal Transfer webpage.

  • Fordham College at Rose Hill accepts a maximum of sixty (60) external transfer credits. This includes credits taken at external institutions and those transferred from eligible Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) exams. Approved courses taken at an accredited 2- or 4-year college or university will likely transfer as either core or elective credit if they meet the criteria outlined below.

    What Will Transfer:

    • Courses of three (3) or more credit hours
    • Courses with a grade of C or higher
    • Courses that are similar in content to those offered at FCRH (see the Core Curriculum)
    • Courses approved by the FCRH Transfer Dean.

    What Will Not Transfer:

    • Courses of fewer than three (3) credits (not including eligible science labs)
    • Courses with a grade of C- or lower
    • Courses taken prior to high school graduation (See policy)
    • Certain courses considered remedial (i.e. Algebra, Computer Literacy)
    • Courses taken during an accelerated Winter Session
    • Online or hybrid online courses
  • Upon admission to the College, transfer students are instructed to reach out to the FCRH Transfer Advisor at [email protected] to request a transfer credit evaluation. The FCRH Transfer Advisor will determine which courses/credits will transfer as either core or elective credit.

    The FCRH Transfer Advisor will collaborate with the relevant academic departments to determine which courses will transfer to fulfill major requirements. 

    Please keep in mind that the FCRH Transfer Advisor and academic department may need to review a syllabus in order to determine if a course is eligible to transfer to the College or to fulfill core or major requirements. We highly recommend that you keep copies of course syllabi to facilitate the transfer credit evaluation process.

  • Before registering for courses, students must receive a full transfer credit evaluation, submit a deposit, and complete any outstanding tasks as requested by the FCRH Transfer Advisor. Once these steps have been completed, the FCRH Transfer Advisor will provide students with course registration instructions via email. These online instructions enable students to become familiar with the College’s curricular requirements and registration procedure prior to the start of the semester.

    Once students have completed course registration for the upcoming semester, the FCRH Transfer Dean will review their schedules and provide feedback as needed. Students are encouraged to reach out to the FCRH Transfer Advisor and Dean with any questions or to schedule an appointment regarding course registration.

  • During their first semester, all transfer students will participate in the FCRH Transfer Advising Program led by the Transfer Dean and Advisor. This program consists of regularly scheduled group meetings during which students learn more about the College’s academic requirements, resources, and opportunities. Upon major declaration, students will also be assigned to a major advisor who will become their primary advisor after completion of the Transfer Advising Program.

  • If the official transcript you submitted when applying to the College did not include the previous semester’s final grades, it is imperative that you request an updated official transcript from your previous institution. These courses will be reflected in your transfer credit evaluation, but credit will not be awarded until a final transcript is received. Requested transcripts should be sent as follows:

    Electronic transcripts should be sent to: [email protected]

    Paper transcripts should be sent to:
    Transfer Dean
    FCRH Dean's Office
    Keating Hall, Room 302
    441 E. Fordham Rd.
    Bronx, NY 10458

    Please note that for a transcript to be considered official, it must be sent directly from your previous institution to the FCRH Transfer Advisor, or hand-delivered in a sealed envelope bearing the school’s official seal.

  • Incoming students who wish to receive credit for Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) exams should have official score reports sent to the Office of Academic Records. Please note that credit awarded for these exams on a previous institution’s transcript will not be accepted.


    Students should visit the College Board and International Baccalaureate websites to request to have official score reports sent to the Office of Academic Records. Fordham’s College Board (CEEB) code is 2259.

    Please review our AP/IB Credit Policy to see which exams are eligible for transfer credit and how they may be counted towards the College’s requirements.

  • For questions regarding financial aid, payment due dates, loans, etc., please consult the Undergraduate Financial Aid webpage.

  • For questions regarding University housing, please consult the Office of Residential Life webpage.