When are the application deadlines? Can I submit materials past the deadline and still be considered for admission?
- The deadlines vary depending on the program you are applying to. Learn more about the deadlines for your specific program here.
- All application deadlines are hard dates. Your application will not be reviewed if it was incomplete at the time of the most recent deadline.
Why are the deadlines different for international students?
- International students are encouraged to submit all materials at least one month prior to their program’s deadline to allow enough time to apply for a student visa.
When can I expect to hear back about an admissions decision, and how will I be notified (phone/email/mail)?
- All information regarding your application will be sent to you via the email address you initially provided. Each application submission deadline has its own designated decision date. Find the date by which your decision will be released.
How can I check to see what documents are missing from my application?
- You can log into your application’s Status Page using the link provided via email when you first began your application.
What is a transcript evaluation and how do I obtain one?
- A course-by-course transcript evaluation is a requirement for all students who attended an undergraduate and/or graduate institution outside the United States. The evaluation will convert your grades to a U.S.-based grading system and also translate your transcript if necessary. We recommend using the company WES (wes.org) to complete the evaluation, but you can also use any other company listed as a NACES member.
How do I apply for the JD/MBA?
- To apply for the JD/MBA program, you must submit separate applications to both Fordham Law School and the Gabelli School of Business. For more information about the law school application, contact the law admissions department at 212-636-6810 or [email protected].
When is orientation? Is it mandatory?
- New student orientation typically takes place a week before classes start. It is mandatory and is a condition of your admission.
Can my TOEFL/IELTS requirement be waived?
- All applicants whose native language is not English and who did not attend an undergraduate institution in a country where the official language is English must submit an original TOEFL or IELTS test score report.
Is there a minimum score for GMAT/GRE/TOEFL/IELTS/GPA? What is the average score?
- Minimum required TOEFL: 100
- Minimum required IELTS: 7.0
- There are no minimum required GMAT/GRE scores or GPA. Candidates are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. For general reference, however, this table provides a breakdown of the average scores of our fall 2016 incoming class:
|Avg. GMAT||Avg. GRE||Avg. GPA|
|Master of Science*||663||314||3.42|
*Includes all Gabelli School of Business specialized master’s programs. You may learn more about these program offerings.
Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Graduate Assistantships
What are the current tuition and fees?
- View the full accounting of all tuition and fees associated with a Gabelli School graduate education.
Is the tuition different for international students?
- The tuition is the same for all students, regardless of residency.
Do you offer any scholarships or financial assistance?
- Yes, we do. Learn more about scholarships and other financial assistance.
- Learn more about Graduate Assistantships and how to apply.
Questions for Admitted and Current Students
When will my I-20 be completed?
- Once you submit all required materials to the Office of International Services (OIS), it can take up to six weeks for your I-20 to be completed.
Whom should I contact for health services/immunization issues?
- The Health Center can be reached at 212-636-7160 or via email at [email protected].
Do you offer housing to graduate students? How much does it cost?
- Yes, we do. Graduate Housing can be reached at [email protected] or 646-773-1936.
- Learn more information about pricing.
I am a current student and would like to get a copy of my transcript. Whom can I contact?
- Contact Student Accounts at 718-817-4900 or [email protected].
Can I defer to the next academic year?
Admitted students who wish to defer their start date to a later term may request an admission deferment. Requests to defer enrollment will be considered on an individual basis, and admitted students are encouraged to carefully weigh all options before submitting deferral requests. Please note, students may defer their admission for one year only except in the case of military or professional obligations, extreme medical cases, or global health and/or travel restrictions. The final deadline date to submit a deferral request is July 19, 2022.
To request a deferral:
1. Complete the Admissions Deferral Request Form.
What does the Gabelli School’s graduate statistical profile look like?
- You can find the graduate school profile.
What is the structure of the JD/MBA?
- During their time at Fordham, JD/MBA students alternate between business and law coursework—that is, pursuing all law courses full-time or all business courses full-time. As they near the conclusion of the program, they may take classes in both schools at the same time.
What support do you have for veterans? How many veterans are in the MBA program?
- All questions regarding veterans can be directed to Anne Treantafeles, Fordham’s veterans’ entry advisor. She can be contacted at 212-636-6602 or [email protected].
- Learn more about Fordham’s Veterans Integration to Academic Leadership (VITAL) program.
Contacting Gabelli Admissions
What is your mailing address for transcripts and other documents?
- Gabelli School of Business
45 Columbus Avenue, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10023
I’d like to speak with someone about the programs you offer and/or see the Lincoln Center campus. How can I set up a visit?
- There are a variety of ways to engage with us. Please take a look at our " Visit Us" page to learn more.
Whom can I talk to about employment statistics and career information?
- You may contact the Career Development Center at 646-293-3937.
May I please have the phone number for ______________ department?
- Student Accounts: 718-817-4900
- Financial Services: 718-817-3800
- Graduate Housing: 646-773-1936
- Health Center: 212-636-7160
- Undergraduate Admissions: 1-800-FORDHAM (1-800-367-3426)
- Office of International Services: 718-817-3145
- Academic Advising: 212-636-6104
- Career Development Center: 646-293-3937
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences: 718-817-4416