Information for Internships
Internships are an incredibly valuable experience and provide a tremendous opportunity for professional growth and development. New York City offers endless opportunities across diverse fields. Meet with a career counselor, and begin your internship search today!
Why Should I Get An Internship?
- Develop your skills and gain hands-on experience
- Learn about your interests, values, and goals
- Enhance your resume
- Build a professional network
How Can I Find An Internship?
- Meet with a career counselor
- Explore Handshake
- Attend Career Fairs, info sessions, and networking events
- Network with friends, family, classmates, and professors. Exciting connections can be formed when you least expect them!
Can I Receive Academic Credit?
Refer to your academic class year dean to:
- Enroll in an Internship Seminar
- Complete a one-on-one Internship Tutorial
Basic requirements to enroll in a seminar or tutorial:
- Minimum 60 completed academic credits
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
For more information about the Internship Tutorial contact: Kasey Fausak [email protected]
Free Ram Van Passes For Unpaid Internships
Career Services provides FREE Ram Van passes for unpaid, for-credit internships.
Submit a letter from your internship supervisor that:
- Includes company letterhead
- Verifies the internship is unpaid and for credit
- Outlines the daily and hourly requirement
Our office expects employers to abide by the standards of the "Internship Programs Under the Fair Labor Standards Act". Please make yourself aware of these standards and regulations.
Fraudulent Job Postings
We screen all job postings from employers before they are approved; however, if you receive an email that meets the following criteria it may not be a real job offer. Do not click on any links in that email and do not provide any personal information.
Beware of the email if it:
- offers you a job without ever interacting with you
- offers to pays a large amount for almost no work or sends you a check before you do any work
- wants you to transfer money from one account to another or send payment by wire service/courier
- asks you to give your credit card or bank account numbers or copies of personal documents
- uses a personal email account, such as Gmail, Hotmail, etc.
If you have any questions or concerns about your internship search or your experience at a current internship, please call our office at 718-817-4350 (RH) or 212-636-6280 (LC). You can also make an appointment with a Career Counselor through your Handshake account.