Skip to main content

Transfer Students

Ways To Connect

The Office of Undergraduate Admission is ready to answer your questions and help with the college selection process:

-The Office of Undergraduate Admission


Fall Semester Admission

November 1 - Common Application Open for Submission
June 1 - Application Deadline

Admission decisions are provided on a rolling basis beginning March 15th.

*Due to capacity challenges, we are no longer able to offer on campus housing to transfer students who request this for Fall 2021 entry. If admitted, you will have the option to join the Office of Residential Life housing waitlist form.

Spring Semester Admission

August 1 - Common Application Open for Submission
November 1 - Application Deadline

Admission decisions are provided on a rolling basis beginning October 15th.

Transfer Application Requirements

  • Common Application
  • Official College Transcript(s) 
    • Required from all institutions attended, even if you were a non-matriculated or a part-time student. If you earned college credit in high school, an official transcript from that institution is required.
    • Under the Academic History quadrant of your Common Application, select the Colleges Attended section, and click the "Download Transcript Request Form" button and follow the instructions. 
    • Official transcripts may also be emailed or mailed to the Office of Admission directly by your institution.
    • During COVID-19, we are accepting unofficial college transcripts directly from the applicant and this may be added to the Documents 'Other' section, or can be emailed to the Office of Admission at [email protected]. All students who are admitted and enroll at Fordham must submit an official college transcript for each institution attended prior to the start of classes.
    • Students who have completed international university coursework must have their transcript evaluated by World Education Services (WES) or another NACES-accredited evaluation service to be considered for potential transfer credit. Evaluations are not required for international institutions accredited by a United States regional accrediting organization.
  • Unofficial High School Transcript or High School Equivalency Exam Results 
    • To be eligible to apply as a transfer, an applicant is required to have graduated from high school or received a high school equivalency diploma. 
    • The applicant may provide this information by email, mail, or by uploading it to the Common Application. 
    • An official high school transcript or exam results may instead be sent to Fordham directly by your high school or the equivalency exam testing agency.
    • The document must include date of high school graduation or completion date of high school equivalency exam.
    • Fordham accepts the GED, TASC, HiSet, and CHSPE as high school equivalency exams.
    • All students who are admitted and enroll at Fordham must submit an official, final high school transcript, or official high school equivalency exam results, prior to the start of classes.
  • Transfer College Report 
    • An academic official at the institution you currently or most recently attended should complete all portions of the transfer college report. 
    • The purpose of this form is to confirm your academic, student conduct, and overall standing. 
    • Please be sure all questions are answered on the form. When complete, your institution should email or mail the document to us directly. Please note that we are unable to accept the transfer college report from an applicant.
    • A letter of good standing from a school official that addresses all questions listed on the form can serve as a substitute.
    • During COVID-19, please contact your school administrator via email and request that they complete the Transfer College Report electronically. This form is available as an editable pdf at Please download the pdf, electronically complete your portion as the student, save it, and send it via email to your school administrator. Your institution may complete the remainder of the form and then email it to us at [email protected]. Please be advised that this must be sent to us via a school administrator email.
  • Transfer Mid-Term Report
    • Mid-term grades are required for some applicants. If you have not yet completed one year of full-time college coursework (less than 24 credits), the mid-term report is required. 
    • The mid-term report will be waived for all other applicants unless specifically requested. If you are not currently enrolled in classes, the mid-term report is waived. 
    • The purpose of this form is to report what your grades are in each of your classes for your current coursework. All classes must be reported. 
    • The applicant may provide the mid-term report by email, mail, or by uploading it to the Common Application.
    • During COVID-19, please download a blank copy of the editable mid term report pdf at Each of your professors may sign the form electronically and when complete, please email the form to [email protected]
  • Official Standardized Test Scores 
    • Submission of the SAT and/or ACT is optional for all applicants. If you wish to submit your scores, you may self report this information via the Common Application Academic History section.
  • $70 Application Fee
    • An applicant whose financial circumstances would pose a major barrier to applying to college can demonstrate their financial need by meeting one of the guidelines outlined in the Common Application. If one or more of the guidelines apply to you, you will automatically qualify to have your Common Application fees waived.
    • We are pleased to offer waived application fees for members and dependents of members of the US Armed Forces. If you indicate you are a veteran on the Common Application, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission at [email protected] to receive an application fee waiver.

Application materials can be sent to Fordham in one of three ways:

We strongly advise you to send documents to us electronically as there will be a delay in processing paper documents. 

  • Via the Common Application.
  • Via email to [email protected].
  • Via mail to: Fordham University, Office of Undergraduate Admission, 441 E. Fordham Rd.; Bronx, NY 10458
    • Application materials for both campus locations should be mailed to this address.