Gabelli Winternship Program
The Gabelli Winternship program, which began in the Spring of 2020, provides Gabelli School of Business Seniors the opportunity to enroll in a unique program that combines practical experience and education during their final semester as an undergraduate. Our accounting majors are provided the ability to combine client-facing work experience at one of the leading global assurance, tax, and consulting service firms with an innovative educational experience with the renowned Gabelli Accounting and Tax faculty.
Key elements of the program include the following:
- Winter Internship experience at one of six international firms including all Big Four accounting firms
- Recognition of your achievement in being selected into this selective program
- Opportunity to take graduate business courses at no additional tuition that would count towards a Masters in Accounting or Taxation degrees
- Scholarship opportunities at the graduate level
- Early identification for graduate assistant roles while pursuing a masters degree
- Ability to take courses designed to accommodate a full-time internship
The winter internship allows Fordham students the opportunity to better understand the professional services industry, build relationships with Partners, Principals and staff, and develop personally and professionally through our Leadership Development Experience.
Michael O'Neill '92 and Joe Dieguez '14 '15 from PwC, LLP
The Gabelli Winternship Honors program provides seniors the ability to work full-time during the first ten (10) weeks of their spring semester. Internship positions would be secured directly between the student and a participating firm with the support and guidance of our Personal and Professional Development (PPD) Center and Dean’s office. Furthermore, students will enroll in courses designed specifically with offerings on accelerated hybrid platforms to accommodate a full-time work commitment. Additionally, the program offers students the ability to take graduate courses at no additional tuition cost that would count towards the Masters in Accounting or Taxation program at the Gabelli School of Business. Students are also eligible for scholarship consideration as part of a 4+1 program. Considering all the benefits -- the Gabelli Winternship Program is a “Win Win” for everyone!
We are excited that Fordham students will be able to have a great learning experience, while helping out during busy season
Katie Guerci from RSM, LLC
Requirements for the Gabelli Winternship Honors program include:
- Achievement of a 3.40 GPA or above
- Completion of required coursework determined by the Gabelli Dean’s Office
- Referral from a Gabelli faculty member or dean
- Acceptance of a Winter Internship offer from one of the Gabelli Winternship Program Participating firms
Current participating firms: (alphabetically)
- Andersen, LLC
- Deloitte US, LLP
- EY, LLP
- KPMG, LLP
- PwC, LLP
- RSM, LLP
Deloitte is excited to partner with Fordham to give students the opportunity to have another in-depth experience in the professional services and accounting industry.
Gregory Schwartz, Campus Recruiting Specialist | Talent Acquisition, Deloitte Services, LP
- What is the deadline to apply to the GWP?
Enrollment is on a rolling basis. However, since specific GWP classes are offered in the Spring semester, students are encouraged to communicate with their Dean, as soon as possible, to ensure they are well positioned to participate.
- Do students secure their own internship position?
Yes, students apply and interview with participating firms with the support of Gabelli resources and secure a position. Decisions regarding hiring, full time offers and salary are between the student and the firm. Students are encouraged and expected to coordinate their efforts with Gabelli’s Personal and Professional Development Center (PPD).
- If a student has secured a summer internship, can the student also accept a winter internship through the GWP?
Hiring decisions and policies are between the student and the firm. If a participating firm is willing to offer a student two internship positions, the student is required to communicate the multiple offers to PPD and the Program’s Director.
- Can a student enroll in the GWP and enroll in graduate courses at Gabelli MS Accounting or MS Taxation to “jump start” a graduate degree?
YES! Gabelli undergraduate students can enroll in ONE graduate course in the fall of their senior year and up to FOUR graduate courses in the spring of their senior year. Ultimately, a student can complete FIVE graduate courses while still an undergraduate, leaving only five (5) courses to complete both a masters and a certificate.
- Are students participating in GWP eligible for a merit scholarship for a master's program?
Yes. Students interested in applying to the graduate school are encouraged to communicate directly with our admission's office for details and to schedule a meeting.
- Is there an application form a student can complete and submit to declare interest in this Program?
Yes. Students must complete the Gabelli Graduate admissions application and check-off the box that they are interested in the Winternship program.
- If a student does not have an offer now, should the student complete the application to express interest?
Absolutely! Completing the form enables optimal management of course offerings and also alerts both the dean’s office and PPD team that a student may need additional support.
- Is there a fee to apply to the GWP?
We are thrilled to have the opportunity to collaborate with the Gabelli School to offer a platform of career discernment for their students, and are looking forward to the GSB interns’ contribution to Andersen.
Alison Andersen, Managing Director, Fordham Law ‘04
For any additional information, please contact: