Undergraduate Services at Lincoln Center
PPD for Lincoln Center’s three concentrations
Personal and Professional Development at Lincoln Center is tailored for the three specialized concentrations available to students pursuing the Bachelor of Science in Global Business.
Group workshops and events
This series features small-group lectures about job functions and industries—a great way to learn about the breadth of career opportunities that awaits you as an eventual Gabelli School graduate. Still, deciding which career path interests you? These events can help you narrow it down. Recent career topics have included:
- Investment Banking
- Investment Management
- Equity Research
- Sales and trading
- Consulting Careers (with PwC)
- Consumer Products Brand Management (with L’Oreal)
- Entertainment Marketing (with NBCUniversal and AMCNetworks)
- Account Management in Advertising (with Publicis)
Career-search Skills Workshops
Looking for an internship or job is a skill in itself. To ensure you are prepared, the PPD team runs frequent workshops that develop your abilities to make an impression on employers. Examples of this type of programming include:
- How a Recruiter Looks at your Résumé
- Getting Ready for Employer Presentations or Career Fairs
- Interviewing Preparation
- Crafting and Telling Your Story
- How to Have a Successful Internship
Interested in attending a Spotlight Series event or a workshop? All PPD workshops are posted on the GabelliConnect calendar. Visit the calendar to browse specific listings and sign up. At Lincoln Center, notifications about Spotlight Series events and workshops also come by email from PPD. Lincoln Center students are welcome to attend Spotlight Series events and workshops held at the Rose Hill campus, too. These are listed on the GabelliConnect calendar.
One-on-one Counseling Appointments
- Among the premier advantages that Personal and Professional Development offers to Gabelli School students is industry knowledge. Our career advisors have worked in the field, many in corporate recruiting. They understand better than anyone what the recruiters on the other side of the table from you will be looking for.
- Through group workshops and individual career-advising appointments, you will have access to people who understand the worlds of accounting, finance, digital media and technology, information systems / IT, management, and marketing and consumer insights—and who can help you to find your place there.
The PPD staff can help to arrange a mock interview for you. Please email the advisor listed above for your concentration (or the concentration you think you might be interested in) to get started.
Field-specific Advising and Coaching
Among the premier advantages that PPD offers to Gabelli School students is industry knowledge. Our faculty members and career advisors have worked in the field and understand better than anyone what the recruiters will be looking for.
Through group workshops and individual career-advising appointments, you will have access to people who have a history of great accomplishments in marketing and consumer insights, digital media and technology, and global finance and business economics—and who can help you to have the same.