An Yan is a professor of finance at the Gabelli School of Business, and co-director of the Center for Research in Contemporary Finance.
Professor Yan received his undergraduate degree from Tsinghua University, China, and his PhD in finance from Boston College. His main research interest is in theoretical and empirical corporate finance. He has published his research in the Journal of Financial Economics, the Review of Financial Studies, the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis and other significant academic outlets.
- PhD: Boston College
- Master's: Boston College
- Bachelor's: Tsinghua University, China
- Corporate Restructuring
- Security Design
- Initial Public Offerings
- “A Theory of Contractual Provisions in Leasing” (with Thomas Chemmanur and Yawen Jiao), Journal of Financial Intermediation
- “Using Innovative Securities under Asymmetric Information: Why do Some Firms Pay with Contingent Value Rights?” (with Sris Chatterjee), Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis
- “Product Market Advertising and New Security Issues” (with Thomas Chemmanur),Journal of Financial Economics
- “Leasing and Debt Financing: Substitutes or Complements?” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis
- “A Theory of Corporate Spin-offs” (with Thomas Chemmanur), Journal of Financial Economics