Donna M. Rapaccioli
University Professor, Dean Emerita
Joined Fordham: 1987
Rose Hill Campus,
441 East Fordham Road, Hughes 526,
Bronx, NY 10458
Email: [email protected]
Donna Rapaccioli, Ph.D. holds the rank of University Professor and Dean Emerita of the Gabelli School of Business. She has earned a reputation for creating academic programs that emphasize applied learning, a global perspective, interdisciplinary thinking, and strong ties with industry. Her philosophy centers on business with purpose, grounded in the Jesuit-influenced principle that commerce should advance society in a greater way.
Her research interests lie in the areas of Jesuit Business education, earnings management and international accounting; she has published book chapters and articles in academic journals and practitioner outlets. Dr. Rapaccioli was selected by students to receive the outstanding teacher award. She has consulted for and lectured on accounting and finance topics at numerous financial institutions in New York City. She is a director on the State Street Global Advisors Mutual Fund Board. Dr. Rapaccioli earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Fordham University's Gabelli School of Business and her master’s degree and Ph.D. in Accounting from New York University's Stern School of Business.
- Ph.D.: Accounting, New York University Stern School of Business
- Master's: Accounting, New York University Stern School of Business
- Bachelor's: Accounting, Fordham University College of Business
- Business with Purpose
- Jesuit Business Education
- Earnings Management
- International Accounting
- “An Update on the Inspirational Paradigm for Jesuit Business Education Project,” Journal of Jesuit Business Education, Volume 13 2022
- “A Hunger for a Better World,” Josep Franch and Joseph Christie, AACSB August 2021.
- “A Framework for Implementing the Inspired Paradigm for Jesuit Business Education,” Journal of Jesuit Business Education, Volume 12 2021.
- “The Link Between Dividend Changes and Future Earnings” with Haim Mozes, The Journal of Financial Statement Analysis Spring 1998.
- “Internationalizing the Advanced Accounting Course” with Patricia Williams and Walter O’Connor, Issues in Accounting Education Fall 1996.
- “Earnings Manipulation and the Sale of Segments” with Dov Fried, Allen Schiff and Haim Mozes, Journal of Financial Statement Analysis Spring 1996.
- “Earnings Announcements, Firm Size and Dividend Policy: An Analysis of the Relationship Between these Variables” with Haim Mozes, Journal of Financial Research Spring 1995.
- “An Enhancement to IAS #8: Unusual Items, Prior Period Adjustments and Accounting Changes”, with Allen Schiff, The International Journal of Accounting December 1992 Cited in The Analysis and Use of Financial Statements by Fried, Sondi, and White 2002, 1999.
- “Income Statement Classifications of Segment Sales” with Allen Schiff Accounting Horizons December 1991. Cited in The Financial Numbers Game by C. Mulford and E. Comiskey 2002 and The Analysis and Use of Financial Statements by Fried, Sondi, and White 2002, 1999.