Social Innovation Fellow
Leading People and Organizations
Joined Fordham: 2015
Hughes Hall, Room 536,
441 East Fordham Road,
Bronx, NY 10458
Email: [email protected]
Website: Personal website
Patrick Struebi is a social entrepreneur, thought leader, and founder of the Fairtrasa Group, a pioneering social enterprise that lifts marginalized small-scale farmers out of poverty. Fairtrasa is one of the largest organic and fairtrade exporters from Latin America with a vertically integrated business structure, impacting over 40,000 direct beneficiaries. He is also the co-founder of Blooom, a cutting-edge AgTech platform with the goal of lifting 1 million farmers out of poverty by 2023.
For his work with Fairtrasa, Mr. Struebi has been selected as an Ashoka fellow and an endeavor entrepreneur, as well as a Yale world fellow. Furthermore, he has been named four times Social Entrepreneur of the Year by the Schwab Foundation (2014), the abc* Foundation (2012), Univision (2012), and Visionaris (2009).
Mr. Struebi is a Gabelli fellow and a social innovation fellow at Fordham University in New York, where he teaches at the Gabelli School of Business. In 2014, the World Economic Forum named Mr. Struebi a New Champion and he is also a member of the Clinton Global Initiative. He writes a column at HuffPost and gives talks around the world on social innovation and related issues.
- Bachelor’s: Swiss Academy of Cert. Accountants, Zurich, Switzerland
Education and Fellowships
- CPA: Chartered Public Accountant (CPA) of Switzerland
- BAcc: Swiss Academy of Cert. Accountants, Zurich, Switzerland
- Yale World Fellow, Yale University
- Member of the World Economic Forum (as Social Entrepreneur)
- Ashoka Fellow
- Endeavor High-Impact Entrepreneur
- Schwab Foundation Social Entrepreneur
- Gabelli Fellow
- Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- System Change Solutions
- Global Scaling of Social Innovations and Enterprises
- Cross-cultural Collaboration Between Different Sectors (Private, Public, NGO, etc.)
- Angie Fuessel, Christopher Laszlo, Patrick Struebi, Alessandro Valera, Carey Weiss. Systemic Social Innovation: Co-Creating a Future Where Humans and all Life Thrive, Humanistic Management Journal, June 1, 2019.
- Research Principles for Developing Country Food Value Chains, Science Magazine, June 3, 2011. Huffington Post Blog