Center for Research in Contemporary Finance
The primary mission of the center is to conduct research and provide continuous discourse on contemporary challenges and developments in the financial industry, with a view to bringing together diverse participants of the industry and to providing meaningful guidance to policymakers in the context of Fordham's fundamental Jesuit philosophy of critical analysis, ethics and social justice. The following is a more elaborate list of the center's goals:
- Provide a platform for discussion, critical analysis and exchange of ideas among practitioners, academics and policymakers on contemporary issues and challenges in the financial industry.
- Provide a platform for disseminating Fordham’s distinctive contribution to this dialogue in terms of Jesuit educational philosophy and Fordham’s emphasis on justice and ethical, responsible management.
- Enhance Fordham’s engagement in New York’s financial community and thereby fulfill the University’s strategic focus on our New York presence.
- Increase the visibility of Fordham’s finance faculty in the New York City financial community.
- Bring contemporary financial topics into our curriculum and research in a systematic manner.
- Improve the internship and hiring opportunities of our graduates.
- Bring additional donations to Fordham.
- Improve the quality and reputation of the Gabelli School of Business, and assist in attaining the goal of Prominence and Preeminence.