Finance Institute: Wall Street in the Classroom
For High School Students
Get a head start on your study of finance.
The Gabelli School of Business is once again pleased to offer the Finance Institute program geared toward high school students curious about the possibility of studying finance in their future. This program could put you significantly ahead.
"Wall Street in the Classroom is a great introductory level class that not only discusses the aspects of investing but personal finance, economics, and innovation. Mr.Gannon allows the class to participate in thoughtful discussions that further strengthen our understanding of the curriculum and build relationships that last long after the course is concluded. By taking the class, I can now read and understand higher level concepts regarding financial markets that I would not have been able to before this program. It has expanded my horizons within the study of business, not just finance." — George, 2018 participant
- Learn finance fundamentals over the course of just one week
- Get exclusive access to a finance firm and interact with top business executives in NYC
Finance areas of focus:
- Overview: Economics, Historical Perspective, Introduction to Financial Markets
- Investments and Analysis: Stocks, Bonds, Investment Analysis Formulas
- Alternative Investments: Commodities, Foreign Exchange/Currency, Hedge Funds, Private Equity
- Investment and Risk Management: Derivatives, Asset Management/Asset Allocation, Risk Theories
- Ethics: Market Manipulation, Industry Infractions
- Current and Future Trends: Microfinance, Impact Investing
- Jim Gannon, Certified Financial Education Instructor (CFEI)
Who should attend?
- Any high school student interested in learning more about finance
- Any high school student curious about managing his or her own finances
Timeline and location
Fordham University | Rose Hill campus:
Hughes Hall, 441 E. Fordham Road, Bronx, NY 10458
(accessible by D subway line and MetroNorth Railroad)
Site visit to finance firm is supervised; the entire group will take chartered Fordham University vans or public transportation together.
- July 8-12, 2019
Please note: Participants are responsible for finding their own housing arrangements for the duration of this program. This is a commuter-based experience and campus housing is not available.
- Registration information for the summer 2019 program is now available.
- Registration requests received before April 1 will receive priority
- Note: This program does not carry academic credit and is not a substitute for FNBU 3221 or any other courses offered by Fordham University
- We are unable to consider applications from international students at this time
- A $50 deposit is required when applying to the program
- The program cost is $750 total ($700 remaining after $50 deposit). The fee balance and signed program agreement form are due within one (1) week of notification of acceptance to the program.
- A limited number of need-based discounts are available and can be requested via the standard application. Need-based discount applications must be submitted by April 1.
- Program fee and deposit are fully refundable prior to May 1
- 80% refund will be issued between May 1 and May 31, inclusive
- Program fee is non-refundable beginning June 1
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org