Finance Institute: Wall Street in the Classroom
For High School Students
Get a head start on your study of finance.
The Gabelli School of Business introduces the Finance Institute, a new program geared toward high school students curious about the possibility of studying finance in their future.
This program could put you significantly ahead.
- Learn finance fundamentals over the course of just one week
- Get exclusive access to a finance firm and interact with top business executives in NYC
Finance areas of focus:
- Overview: Economics, Historical Perspective, Introduction to Financial Markets
- Investments and Analysis: Stocks, Bonds, Investment Analysis Formulas
- Alternative Investments: Commodities, Foreign Exchange/Currency, Hedge Funds, Private Equity
- Investment and Risk Management: Derivatives, Asset Management/Asset Allocation, Risk Theories
- Ethics: Market Manipulation, Industry Infractions
- Current and Future Trends: Microfinance, Impact Investing
- Jim Gannon, Certified Financial Education Instructor (CFEI)
Who should attend?
- Any high school student interested in learning more about finance
- Any high school student curious about managing his or her own finances
Timeline and location
Fordham University | Rose Hill campus:
Hughes Hall, 441 E. Fordham Road, Bronx, NY 10458
(accessible by D subway line and MetroNorth Railroad)
Site visit to finance firm is supervised; the entire group will take chartered Fordham University vans or public transportation together.
- July 9-13, 2018
Please note: Participants are responsible for finding their own housing arrangements for the duration of this program. This is a commuter-based experience and campus housing is not available.
- Finance Institute Registration Form
- Registration requests received before April 1 will receive priority
- Note: This program does not carry academic credit and is not a substitute for FNBU 3221 or any other courses offered by Fordham University
- We are unable to consider applications from international students at this time
- A $50 deposit is required when applying to the program
- The program cost is $750 total ($700 remaining after $50 deposit). The fee balance and signed program agreement form are due within one (1) week of notification of acceptance to the program.
- A limited number of need-based discounts are available and can be requested via the standard application. Need-based discount applications must be submitted by April 1.
- Program fee and deposit are fully refundable prior to May 1
- 80% refund will be issued between May 1 and May 31, inclusive
- Program fee is non-refundable beginning June 1
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org