Undergraduate Academic Advising at PCS
Academic advising in the School of Professional and Continuing Studies at Fordham University strives to ensure that students are well supported and well informed about opportunities and requirements throughout their studies at Fordham University. PCS advising is also designed to foster the development of personal relationships with deans and faculty.
Students in their first and second semesters at PCS are required to meet with an advisor before registering for the term. Students in their third and following terms are encouraged to meet with an advisor but are not required to do so in order to register.
Role of the Advisor
- Assist students in articulating and achieving their academic goals
- Empower students to participate fully in their Fordham academic experience
- Understand and communicate the curriculum, major and degree requirements, and Fordham University policies and procedures
- Guide general education planning and assist students with major and minor selection
- Acquaint students with resources and opportunities available to them as Fordham students
- Advocate for PCS students across the University
- Reflect upon academic and career goals and discuss them with your advisor
- Be familiar with PCS and Fordham University academic requirements and policies as published in the Undergraduate Bulletin
- Review your Degree Works audit, your degree and major requirements, and available course offerings in advance of registration advising appointments
- Visit the Financial Aid channel in your student portal
- Read all incoming communications from PCS and Fordham University and check your fordham.edu email address frequently
- Explore the PCS website and the Student page on the Fordham portal
- Understand that class registration involves an academic and a financial commitment
- Reach out to an advisor with any questions or concerns as they arise
Considering declaring or changing your major?
Review the information and requirements for undergraduate majors available through PCS In the Undergraduate Bulletin.
PCS and Fordham University have a long history of serving student veterans.
- View our Checklist for New Student Veterans
- Check out all the support services for veterans at Fordham
It’s never too early to take advantage of Fordham’s Career Services resources. They offer a wide range of services for undergraduates, including career planning, a rich database of jobs and internships, and workshops.
To schedule a phone, video, or in-person meeting with an advisor, contact the Deans Office for your campus.
Monday through Friday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Monday through Thursday: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
Friday: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Monday through Thursday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm