Finance and Business Economics
Joined Fordham: 1987
45 Columbus Avenue, Room 601,
New York, NY 10023
Email: [email protected]
John Finnerty is the managing principal of Finnerty Economic Consulting. Before assuming this role, he served as managing principal of Analysis Group, partner at PriceWaterhouseCoopers, director at Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin, and general partner at McFarland Dewey & Co.
- Ph.D.: Operations Research, Naval Postgraduate School
- Master's: B.A., M.A., Economics, Cambridge University
- Bachelor's: B.A., Mathematics, Williams College
- Corporate finance
- Fixed income securities
- Derivative instruments and hedging
- Project finance
- Tuition prepayment plans
- Regulatory Uncertainty and Financial Contagion: Evidence from the Hybrid Capital Securities Market, Financial Review (forthcoming).
- A Review of Recent Derivatives Litigation, Fordham Journal of Corporate & Financial Law, (forthcoming)
- A Closer Look at Correction for False Discovery Bias When Making Multiple Comparisons, Journal of Forensic Economics, December 2009.
- Corporate Financial Management, 4th ed., 2011; Project Financing: Asset-Based Financial Engineering, 2nd ed., 2007
- Corporate Financial Management, 3rd ed., 2006; Project Financing: Asset-Based Financial Engineering, 2nd ed,; Convertible Securities in Merger Transactions and the Resolution of the Double-Sided Asymmetric Information Problem, (working paper with An Yan)