Clinical Associate Professor
Finance and Business Economics
Joined Fordham: 2007
Kevin Mirabile is a professor of finance at the Gabelli School of Business, where he teaches courses on the principles of finance, alternative investing and hedge funds.
Professor Mirabile has more than 30 years of business development, regulatory, financing, accounting, trading and sales experience in financial services, dating back to 1983. He has developed a specialty in hedge fund business model risk assessment, including counterparty credit, liquidity and operational risk management.
From 2008 to 2011, Professor Mirabile was chief operating officer and a member of the investment committee at Larch Lane Advisors. Immediately prior to joining Larch Lane, he was COO of Orca Asset Management, a startup hedge fund and registered investment adviser. Professor Mirabile also has held senior executive positions with Morgan Stanley, Daiwa Securities and Barclays Capital related to sales, trading, clearing and financing products, while based in New York, London and Tokyo.
Professor Mirabile is an author of Hedge Fund Investing: A practical guide to investor motivation, manager profits and fund performance, published by Wiley Press in January 2013.
He is a CPA and a member of the AICPA; he belongs to the Greenwich Roundtable's Founders Council and is a contributor to its "Best Practices" series.
Professor Mirabile received his BS in accounting from the State University of New York at Albany in 1983, his MS in banking and finance from Boston University in 2008 and his DPS in finance and economics from Pace University in 2013.
- DPS: Finance and Economics, Pace University
- Master's: MS Banking and Finance, Boston University
- Bachelor's: BS Accounting, S.U.N.Y. Albany
- Alternative Investments
- Hedge Funds
- Investment Banking
- Commercial Banking
- Chief Operating Officer, Larch Lane Advisors
- Chief Operating Officer, Orca Asset Management
- Chairman, Saw Mill Mgt and Research
- Managing Director, Barclays Capital
- EVP, Daiwa Securities
- Principal, Morgan Stanley
- Certified Public Accounting, Member A,.I.C.P.A
- Chairman, San Miguel Academy of Newburgh
- Founder Council, Greenwich Roundtable