Assistant Professor of Information, Technology, and Operations
Gabelli School of Business
Joined Fordham: 2019
140 W. 62nd Street, Room 354,
New York, NY 10023
Professor Xu Han is an assistant professor of Information Systems at Fordham University's Gabelli School of Business.
Professor Han’s research interests lie in the broad area of information systems and business analytics, with a current focus on information management and information technology in healthcare systems. He conducts large scale data analysis and develops analytical models to study a series of issues in the nursing home rating system developed by CMS, such as rating inflation detection, evaluation, audit design, and IoT adoption. Besides healthcare, Professor Han also conducts research, both empirical and analytical, in fields such as social media, gamification, behavioral studies, electricity market auction, machine learning, and blockchain, etc.
Professor Han’s work has appeared in journals such as Production and Operations Management (POM), ACM Transactions on Management Information System (TMIS), and conferences/workshops, such as CIST, WITS, POMS, CHITA, etc. His research won the 2016 National Institute for Health Care Management Foundation Grant and has been reported by multiple media, including a live broadcast on C-SPAN 1.
Professor Han earned his Ph.D. degree in Operations and Information Management from the University of Connecticut (UConn). He also holds an MS in Electrical and Computer Engineering (UConn), an MS in Statistics (UConn), and an MS in Control Theory and Control Engineering (USTB).
- PhD: Operations and Information Management Department, University of Connecticut, Storrs-Mansfield, CT, U.S.
- Master's: Department of Statistics, University of Connecticut, Storrs-Mansfield, CT, U.S.
- Master's: Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Connecticut, Storrs-Mansfield, CT, U.S.
- Master's: School of Information Engineering, University of Science and Technology Beijing, Beijing, China.
- Bachelor's: School of Information Engineering, University of Science and Technology Beijing, Beijing, China.
- Healthcare Data Analytics
- Social Media and Social Networks
- Behavioral and Experimental Research
- Mathematical Modeling, Optimization and Decision Making
- Information security
- Machine learning
- Han, X., Yaraghi, N. and Gopal, R., 2019. Catching Them Red-Handed: Optimizing the Nursing Homes’ Rating System. ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems (TMIS), 10(2), p.7.
- Han, X., Yaraghi, N. and Gopal, R., 2018., Winning at All Costs: Analysis of Inflation in Nursing Homes’ Rating System, Production and Operations Management 27.2: 215-233.
- Han, X., Yaraghi, N. and Gopal, R., 2016., Five-star Ratings for Sub-par Service: Evidence of Inflation in Nursing Home Ratings, Governance Studies at Brookings, 2016.