Finance and Business Economics
Joined Fordham: 2012
45 Columbus Avenue, Room 627,
New York, NY 10023
Email: [email protected]
Yihui Wang joined the Gabelli School of Business in 2012 as an assistant professor of finance. Prior to that, she held the same title at the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Professor Wang received her Ph.D. in finance from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and holds bachelor's and master's degrees in finance and economics from Tsinghua University in China. Her research interests include financial institutions, structured credit, corporate finance and behavioral finance. She has published her work in journals such as the Journal of Finance, and her research has been presented at high-level gatherings in America, Europe and Asia, among them annual meetings of the American Finance Association, European Finance Association and Financial Intermediation Research Society; the Federal Reserve Bank of New York/NYU Stern Conference on Financial Intermediation; and the China International Conference in Finance. Professor Wang has received several research grants from the General Research Council in Hong Kong and has served as a reviewer for research grants and performance evaluations in Asia and Europe, in addition to being a referee for various journals.
- Ph.D.: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Bachelor's and Master's: Tsinghua University, China
- Financial Institutions
- Structured Credit
- Corporate finance
- Behavioral finance
- Did Structured Credit Fuel the LBO Boom?, with Anil Shivdasani, Journal of Finance 66, August 2011, pp.1291-1328.
- Parametrically Guided Generalized Additive Models with Application to Mergers and Acquisitions Data, with Jianqing Fan, Arnab Maity, and Yichao Wu, January 2013,Journal of Nonparametric Statistics 25, pp.109-128.
- Short-Term Debt as Bridge Financing: Evidence from the Commercial Paper Market, with Matthias Kahl and Anil Shivdasani, Journal of Finance, forthcoming.
- Do Lenders Still Monitor When They Can Securitize Loans?, with Han Xia, Review of Financial Studies, forthcoming.