Get to know Fordham!
- Attend and participate in one Summer Orientation Program
- International Students: Attend all Global Transitions orientation events
- Ask questions, seek answers:
- Who are the Jesuits?
- What are Fordham’s 4 core Jesuit values?
- How (and why) is a Jesuit education different?
- Find out why we say we’re ‘One Fordham’: visit your other campus! (Rose Hill visit Lincoln Center, and vice versa)
Sink, or Swim? Learn how to work the ‘Fordham way’.
- Attend all Freshmen advising sessions
- Get to know Gabelli Connect, your gateway to Fordham
- Watch for/act on opportunities shared via Gabelli and PPD emails!
- Discover all the resources at your disposal
- Tutoring (by dept.; within Gabelli)
- Health Center
- Public Safety
- Fitness Center
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Campus Ministry
- Center for Community Engaged Learning
- International Students: Watch for & respond to ANY OIS outreach (Office for International Services)
Get to know the Gabelli School of Business—and yourself.
- Ace the Ground Floor course
- Take advantage of your Wall Street Journal subscription: subscribe!
- Complete ‘Handshake’ Workshop (Level 1) with Career Services
- Learn about various majors/concentrations & careers they feed into
- Complete TypeFocus online self-assessment to explore your natural strengths, interests and professional values
Prepare for life, after college.
- Explore the future through Career Exploration IP
- Engage in resume and ‘personal pitch’ preparation
- Create your own LinkedIn page
- Review undergrad career plan survey reports (industries/functions of employed graduates, average salaries/sign-ons, interviewing activity)
- Explore internship opportunities: Register on Handshake
Develop networking skills!
- Make sure you have a suit
- Attend ‘Getting Ready for Employers’ & networking workshops
- Attend at least one alumni career panel
- Attend at least one employer career fair
- Explore an externship (a half- to one-day experience at a workplace)
- Discuss your interests and career options with each of the below to help you weigh your potential major options:
- Your class dean/PPD advisor
- Faculty members
- Upperclass student peers
- Family and friends
Get Off Your Phone: PARTICIPATE in Fordham!
- Attend the Club Fair, get on mailing list for those you are interested in
- Get involved in on-campus activities that interest you
- Volunteer and join student organizations
- International Students: You’re not alone! Watch for and attend Global Transition Society events
The future starts NOW!
- Master the Liberal Arts Core
- Obtain as high a GPA as possible
- Attend a Career Spotlight for each major/discipline