Do you have any questions about our academic programs? Sign up for a coffee chat with a member of our admissions team.
Additional Application Information
- The Gabelli School of Business has moved to the BusinessCAS application for all graduate business on-campus degree programs.
- The information in the first three sections of the application can be applied to other graduate business programs who use this application and the fourth section will specific questions/requirement to the Gabelli School of Business degree program you choose to apply to.
- Click here for BusinessCAS guidelines on how to fill out and submit a BusinessCAS application.
- The priority deadline for merit-based scholarship consideration is January 22.
- Applications must be submitted online and require a $150 non-refundable application fee.
- International students requiring a visa to study in the United States should apply for the Fall 2020 term by June 11.
- Admission to the JD/MBA program requires a separate application and successful admission to the Fordham University School of Law.
- Applicants to the MS in Healthcare Administration should submit completed applications to the Fordham University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.
Standardized Testing: GMAT/GRE/Executive Assessment
Standardized tests (e.g., GMAT, GRE, EA) are a component of the application process and play an important role in our holistic evaluation process. Considering challenges brought about by the coronavirus pandemic, for the 2021-2022 admissions cycle, standardized tests of GMAT, GRE, or Executive Assessment will be optional for all MBA and Specialized Masters (MS) programs except for MS in Quantitative Finance (MSQF), and MS in Business Analytics (MSBA).
Applicants who do not submit a standardized test (e.g., GMAT, GRE, EA) are welcome to submit other supporting evidence to bolster the strength of their application (no more than 5). This evidence could include, but is not limited to:
- Industry certifications such as CFA, CPA, CAP, PMP, PHR, PE, or Six Sigma.
- Other exams such as MCAT or LSAT.
- Other non-degree coursework such as completed MOOC certificates (e.g., Coursera, edX), MBAMath, micro-masters/nanodegrees, or advanced certificates; all of which may assist the Admissions Committee in its evaluation process.
If you choose to submit an official GMAT or GRE test score, you will need to add your test score as part of your online application. You will also be required to send your official test scores to the Gabelli School of Business Graduate Admissions Office. Click here for Gabelli’s test score codes.
The Gabelli School of Business considers the GMAT,GRE and Executive Assessment scores to be valid for up to five years from the term of entrance and must be valid at the time you submit your application.
Applicants to the MSQF and MSBA:
Official GMAT or GRE test scores are required for applicants applying to the MS in Quantitative Finance and the MS in Business Analytics programs. Some applicants to these programs may be eligible for a GMAT/GRE test waiver. Waiver requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Consideration will be given for indicators of previous academic success and professional accomplishment which includes, but is not limited to:
- A strong undergraduate and/or graduate record including performance in analytical coursework or disciplines
- CPA or CFA designation or other professional certification/discipline
- Master's or advanced degree in an analytical discipline
- Seven (7) or more years of progressive, professional work experience in an analytical field
- Strong performance on a U.S. college admissions test (SAT and/or ACT) or a national exam administered for admission to bachelor's study in other countries
To see if you are eligible for a test waiver, please submit the Test Waiver Form.
Standardized Testing: English language proficiency
Applicants will need to provide an English-language test score from TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English Test (DET), or PTE Academic if English is not their native language, unless: (1) you’ve earned an undergraduate or graduate degree at a U.S. college or university, (2) your education was completed exclusively in English in an English-speaking country; view the list of countries accepted, or (3) you received an undergraduate or graduate degree from a university in India (In some cases, we may request language proficiency test scores).
The Gabelli School of Business considers English language proficiency test scores to be valid for up to two years from the term of entrance and must be valid at the time you submit your application.
- TOEFL Internet-based Test (iBT): 100
- IELTS: 7
- PTE: 68
- DET: 120
We reserve the right to evaluate an applicant’s English based on an admission interview and an ESL test prior to the start of classes. Based on the results from either or both, English language courses may be required as part of the Gabelli School curriculum.
For more information about international admissions, please contact Gabelli School of Business graduate admissions at email@example.com or 212-636-6200.