Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical/Pre-Health Program Financial Aid
Federal loans are generally only available to students in a degree-seeking program. The Department of Education makes exceptions for students who are taking preparatory coursework necessary to enter a new field of study. Students in the Fordham Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical/Pre-Health Program are eligible for this exception.
This exception for federal aid is extended only to the Federal Direct Loan Program and only for one consecutive 12-month period for a minimum of 6 credits per semester. The 12-month period begins the first day of the semester in which the student borrows in the Fordham Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical/Pre-Health Program.
Direct Stafford Loan (Direct Subsidized Loans)
- Fixed interest rate of 6.54% for 2023-2024
- 1.057% origination fee deducted from each loan disbursement
- making satisfactory academic progress
- enrolled for at least 6 credits
- not be in default on any federal student loan
Eligibility for subsidized loans is need based. The government pays the interest during in-school periods for subsidized loans. For unsubsidized loans interest begins to accrue at disbursement. Students may pay this interest while in school but are not required to. Any unpaid interest accrued while in school will be capitalized at repayment.
Annual Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan Limits
- Dependent Students (as determined by FAFSA): $5,500
- Independent Students (as determined by FAFSA): $12,500
- File the FAFSA form. When asked for your "Year In School", enter "5th Year/Other Undergraduate".
- Complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling Session.
- Fill out the Direct Loan Request Form and return it to your campus's financial aid office.
Your loan will be processed within 5-7 business days of completing this process. If we need any additional information from you we will email your Fordham email address and send you a paper letter.
The Department of Education offers a variety of Repayment Options.