The program will be held in person
Have you got what it takes to create your dream? Want to learn more about how to participate in one of the fastest-growing parts of the economy?
Fordham’s Gabelli School of Business invites high school juniors and seniors to explore entrepreneurship at the Foundry, Fordham’s Hub for Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
During one focused week, you will work with talented, committed peers to develop a new business idea and pitch it to a panel of start-up experts and entrepreneurs. You will virtually visit a startup incubator to experience what the startup environment is like. You might even discover how you can help change the world.
This comprehensive overview of the entrepreneurial process will expose you to crucial concepts in the world of startups:
- Developing your business-model canvas
- Using design thinking to create your business
- Articulating the value proposition
- Creating your minimum viable product (MVP) or prototype
- Financing your startup: bootstrapping, angel investing, and venture capital
- Coordinating your team’s pitch for presentation
A day in the life
- Mornings (10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.): Ideation workshops, customer-discovery sessions, and discussions on defining your market will take place under the auspices of the Foundry’s entrepreneurs-in-residence or visiting professionals.
- Mid-day (12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.): A roundtable discussion will dig into a core topic in entrepreneurship, such as team-building, creating marketing buzz, and how to “pivot.”
- Afternoons (1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.): Small teams will work together to develop your idea and company. One of the afternoons will feature a virtual visit to a startup incubator to meet with entrepreneurs and their mentors.
Participants in this entrepreneurship program will:
- Get hands-on, personalized attention from the Foundry’s staff including its executive director and its entrepreneurs-in-residence
- Work with peers to plan a business in an intensive, fast-track format
- Test out the college environment and meet with current Fordham students
- Add working entrepreneurs to your network
- Have a unique experience that will build your college application
- Maybe even start a real business!
Who should attend
- Rising high school juniors and seniors
Program dates and hours
- Monday, June 27th through Friday, July 1st — 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (in person)
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday — Rose Hill (Bronx) Campus
- Tuesday, Thursday — Lincoln Center (Manhattan) Campus
- Applications received on or before April 1 will qualify for priority registration.
- Applications received after April 1 will be reviewed through rolling admission while space remains available.
- A $50 deposit is required when applying to the program.
- The program cost is $1000 total ($950 after $50 deposit). The fee balance and signed program agreement form are due within 1 week of notification of acceptance to the program.
- A limited number of need-based discounts are available and can be requested on the application. Need-based discount applications must be submitted by April 1. All students are encouraged to apply.
- Program fee and deposit are fully refundable prior to May 1
- 80% refund will be issued for cancellations received between May 1 and May 31
- Program fee is entirely non-refundable beginning June 1
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org