Construction Project Management
Learn the core competencies and specialized skills needed to professionally plan, manage, and deliver quality construction projects on time, within budget, and ultimately, with high client satisfaction. This includes project delivery methods, contracts, general contracting, construction management, scheduling, estimating, budgets, cost control, safety management, change orders, quality control, claims, dispute resolution, and more.
The Professional Certificate in Construction Project Management credential is issued to students who successfully complete five 6-week courses (either in-person or online).
- Principles of Construction Project Management COPM-0010
- Construction Cost Estimating and Bidding Process COPM-0020
- Construction Project Planning and Scheduling COPM-0030
- Construction Budgets and Cost Management COPM-0040
- Construction Field Operations and Management COPM-0050
- Reading Construction Drawings and Documents COPM-0110 (This course has moved to the Construction Methods and Materials area).
Transfer Credit Policy
Students who have recently completed comparable non-degree courses at an accredited two- or four-year college or university with a grade of B or higher may request approval to apply those courses toward the completion of a professional certificate at the Fordham Real Estate Institute. Students are encouraged to seek approval from the program director prior to the start of their first course at Fordham. With prior approval, students may transfer up to one course toward a five-course professional certificate at the Fordham Real Estate Institute.
Students may enroll in individual courses at the Fordham Real Estate Institute without pursuing a certificate.