Post Your Job or Internship
Handshake is Fordham University’s exclusive job and internship database. It’s free and easy-to-use! Once you register for a free employer account, you can post your job and internship opportunities, register for a career fair, set up on-campus interviews, post an upcoming event or info session, and more!
For questions about Handshake or creating an account, please contact [email protected].
Handshake: Our Job, Internship, and Experience Database
Handshake is our online portal through which employers can:
- Post a job or internship opportunity
- Register for a Career Fair
- Request a Career Discovery or tabling event
- Request an On-Campus Recruiting schedule
- Learn about upcoming events
- Access to student profiles
- Visit https://fordham.joinhandshake.com/register
- Select the Employer account type from the options presented
- Fill out the information requested then click Sign Up
- *If you are not a third party recruiter, select No. Then, click Next: Confirm Email. The email should arrive within 10 minutes and will contain a link enabling you to confirm your account. You must click this link before you can proceed with the registration process.
- If your company already exists in our system, you can click Request to connect with your company if this is not the right company, or if no company pre-populates, you can use the search bar to find your company. If your company does not exist, you can create a new company
- Then select Next: Connect to Schools.
- Next, you will choose to connect to Fordham by clicking the + button to the right of the school. Then click Next: Finish.
Fordham University’s Office of the Career Center does not permit “Third Party Recruiters” refers to; Employment Agencies/Search Firms/Staffing Services/Temp Agencies/Online Job Board Services/Contract/Recruiters, etc. access to recruit or post opportunities on Handshake.
All jobs posted on Handshake are manually approved by Career Center staff. Postings will take 24 -48 hours to be approved, and must adhere to the following criteria in order to meet approval:
- All registrations must be linked to a contact with a company-sponsored email address. No generic email addresses (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.) will be accepted.
- All registrations must be linked to a working website. No registrations will be approved if the website is under construction, or if the website is a “Page” of a LinkedIn or Facebook group.
- Companies interested in recruiting Fordham students must follow the spirit of Fordham’s Jesuit mission. Companies attempting to recruit students for positions in contradiction with the Catholic tradition will be banned.
- No organizations that have any association with a residential address or PO Box will be approved. No postings for positions within a person’s home will be allowed. In-house babysitting, tutoring, housekeeping, or other work will not be approved.
- No postings which require students to pay any sort of fee will be approved.
- Internship compensation must meet the U.S. Department of Labor standards, including state and local. Wage Requirements for Interns. Internships for academic credit are determined on a case-by-case basis between the student and their academic dean. The Career Center does not coordinate this process.