Advanced Certificate in Real Estate Development
A 15-credit program that can be taken after completing a bachelor's, master's, or other advanced degree.
The Advanced, or graduate, Certificate focuses on the specialized legal, financial, analytical and project management concepts and professional skills required in the multidisciplinary, creative and entrepreneurial world of real estate development. The program may be taken stand-alone or as an added concentration for current or former MSRE students who want to add a second credential to their resume.
Required Courses (9 credits)
- The Real Estate Development Process REAL5104 (3 credits)
- The Real Estate Development Feasibility Study REAL6002 (3 credits)
- Real Estate Asset Management REAL5106 (3 credits)
Elective Courses (6 credits)
- Real Estate Finance REAL5002 (3 credits)
- Pre-Construction Project Planning and Development REAL5058 (3 credits)
- Adaptive Reuse and Sustainability REAL6004 (1.5 credits)
- Development Project Leadership, Management and Communications REAL6006 (1.5 credits)
- Affordable Housing REAL6008 (1.5 credits)
- Commercial Leasing REAL6009 (1.5 credits)
- Development Project Finance REAL6010 (1.5 credits)
- Land Use REAL6014 (1.5 credits)
- Planning and Design for Development REAL6015 (1.5 credits)
- Construction Methods and Materials REAL6051 (3 credits)
- Special Topics REAL6022. 1.5-credit courses offered on a rotational basis include:
- Real Estate Financial Modeling Case Studies
- Financial Modeling with Argus Enterprise
- The C-Suite Perspective: A View From The Top
- Hotel Development and Finance
- Internship (requires advisor pre-approval) REAL6020 (1.5 credits)
Tuition is $1,451 per credit. There is a $50 application fee, which may be waived if you are a current student or alumnus in Fordham’s Real Estate Institute.
Who Should Apply
Ideal candidates include:
- Professionals with experience in real estate finance, valuation or investment who want to incorporate real estate development activities into their existing practice or to manage real estate development projects.
- Current or former MS in Real Estate students who wish to add a specialized designation in Real Estate Development. Current MSRE students who wish to receive both the Master of Science and the Advanced Graduate Certificate may apply up to 9 credits of successfully completed coursework with a grade of B or better towards each program.
A Program that Fits Your Schedule
Courses are scheduled for evenings during the fall, spring, and summer terms. You can complete the program at the pace you’re most comfortable with, whether part-time or full-time.