Graduate IPED Health Insurance and Immunization Information

The IPED Program requires all its students who are participating in overseas international practical training programs to have adequate medical insurance and proper immunizations.

Medical Insurance

Medical Expense Coverage, Emergency Medical Assistance and Medical Evacuation benefits are required for students traveling overseas. Many private health insurance plans do not provide any overseas coverage or medical evacuation. Two Plans that meet these needs are:

  1. Health Insurance for US Students Studying Abroad
    CMI Insurance
    MEDEX Global Solutions
    P.O. Box 19056
    Baltimore, MD 21284
    Phone: 410-583-2595, 800-586-0753
    Fax: 410-583-8244
  2. Diplomat International
    Global Underwriters
    3195 Linwood Road, Suite 201
    Cincinnati, Ohio 45208
    Phone: 800-423-8496
    Fax: 513-533-1055

Insurance applications should be made at least six weeks prior to departure.


Health information for travelers can be obtained from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at

Frequently-used immunizations can be availed for free or at a reduced price from the University's Health Services. Fordham Health Services will make referrals for immunizations that they do not administer.

Immunizations, as well as an orientation to health issues while traveling overseas, can also be obtained from:

Dr. Theresa Madaline, MD
International Health and Travelers Clinic
Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Montefiore Medical Park
1575 Blondell Avenue - Suite 200
Bronx, New York 10461

Please call to make an appointment about six weeks prior to departure.