The Full-Time MBA is the Gabelli School of Business’ flagship two-year program in management and leadership. Selectively enrolling approximately 60 students per year, the Full-Time MBA combines industry-inspired hands-on coursework, individualized attention, and extraordinary network development—all in the heart of New York City.
This is a true New York MBA.
A World Capital for Business—and Learning
Attending business school in New York is a decision that can have a profound impact on your future. A New York MBA offers unique advantages: opportunities to build your résumé year-round, executive-level professors who teach at our Lincoln Center campus during their off hours, and direct recruiting connections to companies that seek new hires for their New York offices.
Full-Time MBA students at the Gabelli School of Business have access to all of this and more.
Gabelli MBA graduates recently have secured post-graduation placements at Accenture, Blackrock, Deloitte, Gartner Consulting, IBM, Johnson & Johnson, JP Morgan, KPMG, Mastercard, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, UBS, and dozens of other firms—a testament to the value of studying right where the world’s largest companies do business.
The Gabelli School of Business Full-Time MBA program is led by a faculty director who—in addition to her highly regarded academic research—maintains strong ties to industry and continually adapts the MBA curriculum to meet the demands of today’s employers.
From the month-long Gabelli Launch orientation that serves as the start of the program, to the applied industry project in London that develops students' management and consulting skills, the Full-Time MBA curriculum is designed to over-prepare students for the challenges of the business world.
Full-time MBA students will:
- Gain global exposure by traveling in South America & Europe to act as consultants to nonprofits, NGOs and Fortune 500 companies
- Complete a rigorous curriculum that balances teamwork, experiential and active learning in the key business areas of economics, statistics, accounting, finance, management, ethics, and strategy as well as individually chosen electives across a variety of concentrations
- Visit companies in New York Cities and meet high-level executives with real-world insights
- Receive individual coaching and counseling for career development and growth.
- Understand the role of social innovation and sustainability in the business world and the society
- Develop social networks within the Gabelli School of Business, Fordham community and beyond
- Flourish in the closely-knit cohorted FTMBA student body
- Use Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) tools that enhance the classroom experience
Full-Time MBA Rankings
U.S. News and World Report has ranked the Gabelli School of Business’ Full-Time MBA program #10 nationwide in finance and #19 in international business. The Economist placed the school #12 worldwide in networking potential and #23 worldwide in faculty quality. The program debuted on the Financial Times global ranking at #95 and also placed #8 for corporate social responsibility.
The Full-Time MBA program also earned high marks from Military Times, which ranks the Gabelli School #21 nationwide for graduate business education. The program is on the rise in Poets & Quants’ composite MBA ranking, achieving the second-largest increase of all U.S. programs in 2017 to finish at #62. This Gabelli School of Business ranking trajectory is sustained from the year before—the school was named one of Poets & Quants “biggest gainers” in the MBA rankings in 2016, too.
A Network Above All Business Schools in New York
Especially for students who commit to full-time business school, securing a job you want after graduation is paramount. The Gabelli School of Business provides additional layers of career coaching and job-search support that are specific to the Full-Time MBA. Career-search training begins from the very first week of the first year, and continuing support extends into each individual’s life as a Fordham graduate and New York MBA.