Prepare to make a meaningful difference in people's lives in the Bachelor of Arts in Social Work program at the Fordham School of Professional and Continuing Studies.
- our interests
- Seminar that integrates classroom knowledge with your experience in the field
- Supportive faculty advisers
- Rich selection of conferences, lectures, and events where students exchange ideas and support one another
- The University's core curriculum provides a strong liberal arts foundation.
Students who complete the major in this program will learn
- How to promote human rights and social justice and improve the well–being of individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities through culturally competent evidence–informed generalist social work practice embedded within an agency context.
- Professional social work values and the Jesuit educational tradition with its focus on social justice.
- Social work competencies necessary to effectively serve diverse populations.
This bachelor's degree program is available at the Rose Hill, Lincoln Center and Westchester Campus.
The Bachelor of Arts in social work will prepare you to be a generalist social worker in a variety of settings:
- Mental health agencies
- Foster care and adoption services
- Alcohol and substance abuse treatment centers
- Social justice and advocacy organizations
- Services for the elderly, immigrants, homeless, victims of domestic violence, and other populations