Graduate IPED Financial Aid
Each year Fordham University's Graduate Program in International Political Economy and Development (IPED) offers the following merit-based financial aid awards:
- Presidential Fellowships and Graduate Assistantships are open to all applicants who wish to study full-time and are awarded solely on the basis of academic merit in order to attract the most academically gifted candidates into the IPED Program.
The following are merit based financial aid awards that are restricted to individuals with various professional backgrounds and career interests.
- Global Markets Asistantships are used to attract outstanding full-time students who wish to pursue careers in international finance and commerce.
- Public Service Assistantships are restricted to US citizens and are used to attract full-time students who have a clear interest and strong commitment to excellence in the leadership and management of United States international economic policies and programs.
- Arrupe Fellowships are restricted to applicants who already have relevant work experience in a developing country and are used to attract high quality full-time students who wish to pursue a career with non-profit international relief and development organizations.
- Ricci Fellowships are used to attract students currently active in international affairs and are available to both part-time and full-time students who are nominated by international non-profit agencies, the United Nations and its agencies, New York Consulates, country missions to the UN, or US government agencies.
- Peace Corps Coverdell Fellowships are limited to Returned Peace Corps Volunteers who have satisfactorily completed their Peace Corps Service.
- Individuals who receive outside Prestigious Fellowships, such as Fulbright fellowships, are eligible for matching Fordham tuition scholarships.
Educational Loans are also available for most students. All loan applications are handled separately through the University's Financial Aid Office.
Yellow Ribbon Program: As a Yellow Ribbon Program university, Fordham guarantees full coverage of all IPED tuition and fees for admitted veterans, active military and eligible family members who fall into the US Department of Veterans Affairs maximum benefit category. Visit our Fordham Vets Page for more details.
Scholarships for Practical Training Programs: Once enrolled in the IPED program, you will become eligible for additional scholarships that will help you prepare for the job market through the following fellowships
- Intern Fellowships
- Overseas Study Tours:
- Language Immersion Study Awards
- International Peace and Development Travel Program
- Cassamarca Diplomatic Fellowship
Applications for admission and university financial aid are made through the same on-line application. Please remember to indicate all scholarships that you are applying for in your statement of purpose. To guarantee that your application will be considered, please refer to the corresponding deadlines.
If you have additional questions about any of these fellowships or any aspect of the IPED Program please feel free to write, call or email us directly at:
Fordham | IPED
The Graduate Program in International Political Economy and Development
Dealy Hall, Room E-517, Fordham University
441 E. Fordham Road
Bronx, New York 10458