Global Business Education
Global business at the Gabelli School is a two-way street:
- We bring the world to you: The content of every class taught here in New York is global in nature. Read case studies of multinational corporations. Visit Deutsche Bank downtown. Have an in-class guest speaker from BNP Paribas.
- We take you to the world: Study abroad is easy—and every student is encouraged to do it. Go for a full semester if you want. But if you don’t, then go for 10 days with classmates and a professor on a global immersion.
Develop your international portfolio.
Here are some suggestions:
- Earn a secondary concentration in global business as a Rose Hill student.
- Visit three continents in three years in the Global Business Honors Program.
- Study at Fordham's satellite campus in London.
- Make microfinance loans in Africa and India through the Fair Trade program.
- Hold an internship in the New York City office of a multinational firm.
- Take as many global business courses on campus as you can.
We are offering you a ticket to the world. Write it.
Get To Know Your Global Dean
Assistant Dean of Global Initiatives and Partnerships
Adjunct Faculty: Strategy &Statistics; Communication & Media Management
Hanaa Fawzy established a combined career in Higher Education and global business, and she speaks three languages fluently: English, German and Arabic. In 2013 she came to Gabelli School of Business from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the German public funded agency that supports international academic cooperation between Germany and other parts of the world. From the New York office she managed all inbound programs of North America, and oversaw partnerships between American and German Universities.
Hanaa received her education and gained her work experience from three different continents: Africa, Europe, and North America. She holds an MBA from Northern Kentucky University, a certificate in Advanced Management from Aarhus University- Denmark, an MA in German Literature& Language from Arizona State University and a Bachelor’s Degree from Cairo University-Egypt. She is also PhD candidate at Rutgers University’s Global Affairs Division, completing her dissertation in International Business.
Her work experience includes teaching positions at Fordham University, Arizona State University, Miami University of Oxford-OH, and Goethe Institute (The German Cultural Center) as well as marketing positions with the International Business Center and International Student Affairs of Northern Kentucky University. She also worked with the German Federal Enterprise for International Cooperation (now named as GIZ) where she worked in economic development and technical projects between the German and Egyptian governments.
Read the interview: Hanaa Fawzy is on a global mission
A panel of students and alumni joins Hanaa Fawzy, assistant dean of global initiatives and partnerships, to talk about international options throughout the business school.