Every year, the Gabelli School further develops its programs for the nation’s best and brightest business undergraduates.
Top students can become part of small, specialized learning communities through honors programs that offer unparalleled advantages: international travel, special coursework, a close-knit cohort of very intelligent fellow students, regular meetings with top New York-based executives, and more.
Current honors opportunities include:
- Chartered Financial Analyst track: Prepares students to take the CFA Level I exam right after graduation. CFA certification is the finance industry’s gold standard in the mastery of investment principles.
- Dual degree programs: Within five years, students can earn both an undergraduate and graduate degree: a BS from the Gabelli School plus an MBA, MS or JD from one of Fordham’s graduate divisions.
- Finance Scholars: The top 30 junior finance majors are invited to join this select group, which often places 100 percent of participants in internships at major financial institutions.
- Global Business Honors Program: An intensive four-year honors track open by invitation to about 20 of each freshman class's top-ranked applicants. The group—which becomes friends as well as classmates—enrolls in advanced courses together and travels abroad once every year, to London, Paris, Chile, and China.
- Honor Societies: Fordham has chapters of five national and worldwide business honor societies, including Beta Alpha Psi and Phi Kappa Phi, as well as societies of its own.
- Undergraduate research: A faculty mentor will guide you as you complete an original research project that could be published in an academic journal. Or, you could work alongside a professor on his or her investigations.