Mood and Behaviors Lab
Welcome to the Mood and Behaviors Lab at Fordham University! Our research is focused on developing a better understanding of self-injurious behaviors, including non-suicidal self-injury (NSSI) and attempted suicide, in adults and young adults. Specifically, we are interested in:
- The treatment of NSSI and attempted suicide
- Functions of different types of self-injury
- Factors contributing to the expression of one form of self-injury versus another
- Factors influencing the expression and severity of NSSI
- Physiological processes in self-injury
- Improved methods of NSSI assessment
The goal of our research is to understand the factors and mechanisms involved in self-injury in order to improve treatments and to better identify individuals at high risk for engaging in self-injury.
The program is the lab of Dr. Peggy Andover, Associate Professor of Psychology at Fordham University.
Our clinical research focuses on the following diagnoses and behaviors:
- Non-Suicidal Self-Injury
- Suicidal Ideation and Attempted Suicide
- Depressive Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Borderline Personality Disorder