Admissions Information and Requirements for Ph.D. in Psychometrics and Quantitative Psychology
Guidelines and Information
Completed applications to the Ph.D. in Psychometrics Quantitative Psychology will include each of the following items:
Submitted directly via the online application.
Please be sure to order official final transcripts from all previously attended institutions confirming degree conferral (if applicable) at least one month before the posted application deadline.
Transcripts should be sent directly from your prior institution(s) via secure electronic delivery to the Office of Admissions at [email protected]. If electronic delivery is not available, please request that your transcripts be submitted by postal service in a sealed envelope from the institution to:
Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
Office of Admissions
Keating Hall Room 216
441 E. Fordham Rd.
Bronx, NY 10458
Please note: We strongly recommend that you upload unofficial copies of your academic transcripts to your application while the Office of Admissions awaits receipt of your official transcripts.
Please ensure that all official transcripts from previously attended post-secondary institutions are submitted in English, or are accompanied by a certified English translation. For academic transcripts from institutions outside the United States, applicants are strongly encouraged to obtain a course-by-course credential evaluation. Transcripts and credentials conversion information is available on the GSAS International Students page.
Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores
Should be sent directly by the testing service to the Office of Graduate Admissions, Fordham University, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences – Code #2259.
Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Subject score
Recommended not required
Statement of intent
Up to 1000 words, submitted via the online application that provides a response to the following question prompts:
- What are your academic and career goals as a psychometrician or quantitative psychologist?
- What quantitative and/or analytical skills, knowledge and prior experiences do you have that will prepare you to achieve these goals?
- Explain how you expect attending the Psychometrics and Quantitative Psychology Ph.D. Program at Fordham will help prepare you to achieve these goals.
- How has your personal background and experiences influenced your decision to pursue a Ph.D. degree in psychometrics and quantitative psychology?
Statement of up to 500 words, submitted via the online application that provides a response to the following question prompts:
- What are your potential contributions to a professional community of inclusion and belonging where psychometricians and quantitative psychologists with diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and skills can learn and collaborate positively together?
- Which faculty do you see as the ideal mentor(s) for your interests/goals, and why?
5 - 20 pages in length, submitted electronically, via the online application.
Three letters of recommendation
Submitted directly via the online application. Enter the following information for each of your recommendation providers: name, address, email address, phone number, and institution. Make sure you enter your recommenders' email addresses correctly so that they each receive an automated email instructing them on how to submit their recommendations online. Mark the waiver statement for each recommender you enter.
International applicants whose native language is not English are required to complete and submit to GSAS prior to matriculation their official scores from one of the following accepted English language competency exams:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - GSAS accepts the following TOEFL tests:
- TOEFL iBT (including the Home Edition and Paper Edition
- TOEFL Essentials
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)—Cambridge English Proficiency Level
- Duolingo English Test
- PTE Academic
Official TOEFL, IELTS, DET, or PTE Academic scores should be sent directly by the testing service to the Office of Graduate Admissions, Fordham University, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (our ETS Code for TOEFL scores is 2259). Please consult the English Proficiency page for additional information.
Preferred minimum score requirements:
|IELTS||7.0 band score|
Contact [email protected] with any admission-related questions.