Student Handbook: Automobiles
Rules regarding the use of automobiles differ at the Rose Hill Campus and Lincoln Center Campus:
To drive or park on the Rose Hill Campus, automobiles must be registered for the coming year. Vehicles must be registered with the Department of Public Safety prior to the start of the academic year. To register a vehicle on campus, you must apply online. The parking permit application, fees, and the Motor Vehicle Regulation Booklet, can be found under the “My Apps” tab, by scrolling down to “Utilities and Tools”. The registration fee is adjusted from year to year to reflect the cost of operating the University Parking Garage. Once you have applied, your university I.D. card, or EID, will be used to electronically access the parking garage. If you apply for the 24-hour parking option, you must pick up a 24-hour hang-tag from the Department of Public Safety Parking Office, which is located at the Thebaud Hall Annex.
All returning faculty, students, and staff must also re-apply online to reactivate your current parking privileges. However, this does not require a visit to the Department of Public Safety, unless you have selected the 24-hour parking or coupon book option. If you are an administrator, faculty, or employee the parking fee will be deducted from your paycheck. As a student, you will be billed through your bursar account for the parking fee. The 24-hour hang-tag must be displayed from your vehicle’s rear-view mirror or you will be subject to a Parking Violation Notice. All student vehicles must park on levels 1 through 4 in the university garage. Violators of parking regulations may be subject to having their vehicles booted or towed off campus at their expense.
Students use the University parking facilities at their own risk. Fordham University is not liable for personal injury, damage to vehicles, vandalism or theft of a motor vehicle or its contents. Further information can be obtained in the Department of Public Safety located in Thebaud Annex, or call 718-817-2222.
- No vehicle may enter through Third, Bathgate or Belmont Avenue entrances.
- Parking is restricted to our indoor parking garage.
- The Daily parking is fee $25.00. Overnight parking is permitted between the hours of 12 a.m.- 7 a.m. and the fee is $35.00.
- Parking on campus is restricted to authorized RESERVED space hang-tag holders.
- Passing of vehicles traveling in the same direction on campus is not permitted.
- Maximum speed limit on campus is 15 m.p.h.
- Cars must be parked between stall lines.
- No parking is permitted on campus roadways, sidewalks, or paths.
- No motorcycles, mopeds, electric bikes, bicycles, electric scooters, or skateboarding is permitted on campus roads or paths.
- No pick-ups or drop-offs on campus are permitted except under special circumstances and cleared through Public Safety.
- Bicycles, e bikes, and e scooters must park in authorized locations at the Bathgate, Belmont, and Third Avenue gates.
Penalties for Infractions of Rules:
Illegally Parked Vehicles will be immobilized or "booted" at the Owner’s Expense.
Any vehicle blocking the dumpster area will be booted without warning. It is essential to be able to remove campus refuse.
Any vehicle blocking fire or access lanes will be booted without warning
Any vehicle parked in fire, restricted area, restricted space, on campus paths or roadways, obstructing building entrances/exits will be booted without warning.
Any vehicle left overnight should expect to be booted without warning unless they have an authorized/overnight decal.
Immobilized (booted) vehicles for aforementioned violations will be released upon payment of a $30.00.
A private company performs towing and the vehicle owner must pay the towing company for the cost of the towing and storage fees.
NOTE: Speeding or reckless driving will result in action against operator/owner of vehicle and may result in exclusion of vehicle from campus.
Parking is not available at the Lincoln Center Campus; however discounted parking is available from the following area garages.
- Alfred Car Park - 161 West 61st Street between Columbus and Amsterdam
- SP Plus Parking - 345 West 58th Street between Broadway and Columbus
- Regent Parking - 425 West 61st Street between Broadway and Columbus
- World Parking Garage - One Central Park West at Broadway - entrance at 4 W. 61st Street
- Icon Parking - 20 W. 64th Street between Broadway and W. 64th Street
Upon exiting the Lincoln Center campus, stop at the main Public Safety Desk in the Lowenstein building so that the Public Safety Guard can validate your parking receipt and discounted parking rates may be applied.