Student Handbook: Sales and Solicitations
There shall be no solicitation by outside agents for the sale of goods or services to students on any portion of the property of Fordham University, except as hereinafter provided:
- Display and sale of goods and service to authorized representatives of the University for University purposes.
- Groups and individuals may appear by invitation of authorized University personnel to present proposals for group consideration. Anyone soliciting at the University must have the written permission of the Dean of Students or their designate.
- Students of the University may not engage in solicitation on University premises or use the University’s name or facilities without written permission of the Dean of Students or their designate. Student organizations and/or individual students may not solicit from individuals or organizations outside of the University without written permission of the Dean of Students' Office.
- All requests to reserve space for sales/solicitation or any other use must be submitted through the University’s event management system. For offices and departments, this is 25Live. For students and recognized student clubs and organizations, this is the Rams Involved Community Portal.
Offices and departments as well as recognized student clubs and organizations may reserve tables in specific locations inside as well as outside the Rev. Joseph M. McShane Campus Center and the Lowenstein Building for various reasons, including publicity, education, and sales and solicitation efforts approved under this policy by using the University’s reservation systems as noted in the University Regulation on the Campus Center.
The advertising, marketing, or merchandising of credit cards to students on the campuses of Fordham University shall not be permitted except under the following conditions:
- No bank, financial institution, or other credit card issuer, either directly or through an agent or representative, shall be allowed to advertise, market, or merchandise credit cards to students on the campuses of Fordham University without the express written permission of the University’s Vice President for Finance.
- No premiums shall be offered during the advertising, marketing, or merchandising of credit cards to students on the campuses of Fordham University without the express written permission of the University’s Vice President for Finance.
- All authorized and approved advertising, marketing, or merchandising shall be restricted to those areas and on those dates approved by the University’s Interim Vice President for Student Affairs or their designee. Such activities shall comply at all times with University policies and procedures.
- Any employee, agent, or representative of a firm advertising, marketing or merchandising credit cards to students on the campuses of Fordham University will at all times comply with the directions provided by the employees and agents of the University including the University’s Department of Public Safety. Recognizing that it is important that students learn to build and manage their credit wisely, the University, through its Division of Student Affairs, will endeavor to offer programs on financial management during orientation and/or during the course of the academic year.